1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

OMD Grip problem

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Chronos, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Chronos

Chronos Mu-43 Regular

Oct 18, 2012
    Colorado
    Chris
    Hey folks, i have been too busy to really dig into this but i was hoping this is a setting issue.

I have the OMD battery grip, it has worked fine for a week or so since i have had it, however now the when there is a battery in the battery grip segment the camera shuts off. If i pull out the battery it comes back on. If i have the in body battery selected as the priority and put a battery in the grip it is fine.

Does anyone have any idea what the issue is? Or is it just faulty?

2. vchaney

vchaney Mu-43 Regular

Sep 22, 2010
    I don't know whether it is specific to a faulty grip but I experienced exactly this yesterday. The camera turned on ok with the Grip battery in but for some reason locked up later on. I hadn't twigged it was the battery but removed the grip and the camera powered up ok. I could then put the grip back on and it was fine from then on.

3. Chronos

Chronos Mu-43 Regular

Oct 18, 2012
    Colorado
    Chris
    turns out i had a bent pin. Looking at the grip directly at the pins with the battery door on the bottom and trigger on the top, it is the bottom right pin. It somehow got slightly bent and stuck in. using some small pliars i got it pulled back out and straightened it. works like a charm, but i dont like these pins now.