1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

OMD Flash

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by MexicoMik, Jul 30, 2012.

1. MexicoMik

MexicoMik Mu-43 Regular

Mar 19, 2012
    I know there is another thread going re flash on an OMD but I have a different question and didn't want to semi-hijack the other thread.

I use flash a lot - quite often outdoors in bright light. My one "complaint" about the OMD in terms of possibly buying one is that it has no on-board flash. However, my use of the EP3 and its flash demonstrates that the Oly/EP3 flash software/firmware is nowhere close to Nikon's DSLRs as far as the ability to virtually automatically deliver excellent flash/avail light balance.

So SINCE the EP3s flash work is one of the weak points IMO, I was wondering if anyone here can offer an opinion comparing the Nikon DSLR flash implementation with the OMD/add-on flash. IOW, does anyone who routinely uses flash feels the OMD matches their previous experience with Nikon DSLRs as far as the balance/appearance/ease of use when using flash?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.