OMD EM5ii Flash Cover?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by tkc9789, Apr 21, 2016.

1. tkc9789

tkc9789 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 8, 2013
    DFW, TX
    Question for members who bought the OMD EM5ii. I recently acquired a reconditioned EM5ii and noticed that the flash unit does not come with a protective cover for the contacts. Just wondering if this is how the flash is shipped? Thanks.

2. JDK504

JDK504 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 28, 2013
    That's how I received mine. Just the black velvet pouch. There should be a plastic cover on the camera where the flash goes.

(Bought brand new)

3. tkc9789

tkc9789 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 8, 2013
    DFW, TX
    Thanks for your confirmation. Cheers!

4. PakkyT

PakkyT Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 20, 2015
    New England
    My refurbished E-M1's bundled flash came with a small plastic cover that fits over its hotshoe (of the bundled flash). But I believe the little flash that comes with the E-M5ii is a different model (and a bit more powerful) so they may have dropped the cover.

5. I suspect they dropped it because the new design simply uses the robust hot shoe mount, rather than having a fragile accessory port interface as well. The cover was mostly to protect the accessory port interface IMO.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. MaK543

MaK543 Mu-43 Regular

May 1, 2012
    MD USA
    My refurbished EM5ii came with the hot shoe cover, but I removed it right away. IMO It's useless.

7. PakkyT

PakkyT Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 20, 2015
    New England
    We are not talking about the hot shoe cover that goes on the camera.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.