1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

OMD EM5 overdose :((

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Bhupinder2002, May 3, 2012.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi Guys and specially Moderators ..
    I know we are all overexcited about Olympus OMD and its a wonderful camera . Now every second thread here is about something something about OMD and its getting to the point where u start loosing interest and skip the threads .Can I request moderators to put these discussions under common threads i.e-
    1) First Impressions of OMD EM5
    2) First shots with OMD
    3) OMD Comparasion with MFTs
    4) OMD Comparasion with FF / APS-C etc etc ..
    It will far more organised discusion and we can have everyone's feelings and experiences condensed at one place where its far easier to follow and read about it rather than reading 100 threads .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder
    :smile::smile:

• Like Like x 13
  2. BarefootPilgrim

BarefootPilgrim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 23, 2009
    Westchester, IL
    Bob
    Or better yet, how about if there could be a separate sub-forum under the "Olympus Cameras" forum, ie: "OM-D Discussions" And then that sub-forum could include bhupinder's ideas as stickies? :thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  3. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Yeah too bad there's not the ability to filter the threads by tag or something. Hard to find anything in the active discussions with 2/3 threads being 'where's my OMD'/'here's my OMD'/My first pics from the OMD..

Oh well, I'm sure it'll blow over in a few weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bhupinder2002

Thank u mate .That makes even more sense because everything else is drowning as this forum is flooded with OMD EM5( though I like it :big grin:)
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

5. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Question is....more OMD EM-5 posts or E-P3 posts (when first released) :biggrin:

But I agree - there is a bit of overload here....:biggrin:

6. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

I agree
    +1

7. drewbot

drewbot Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 21, 2011
    Toronto, ON
    I'll bet you once you get an OM-D, you'll post your own thread on your findings.

• Like Like x 2
  8. st3v4nt

st3v4nt Mu-43 Veteran

May 26, 2011
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    So True :) this few days all I do is just repeating the answer on how to use OM-D but bhupinder idea is great, too much clutter and repeated question, raising envy from those that still wait for their OM-D to come :)

9. grantb

grantb Mu-43 Veteran

LOL on the right side of the board there are currently 12 EM5 posts above this and two below with nothing else in between

• Like Like x 1
  10. owczi

owczi nareteV 34-uM

Everyone's excited because the E-M5 is an exciting camera ;)

On a serious note though, I'm sure similar rush happened before with other camera launches, although this is the first Oly mft for a while that's actually something new. I'm sure this will die down once people actually receive their E-M5s and go outside shooting ;)

11. zpierce

zpierce Super Moderator

Sep 26, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    Zach
    The top 16 posts on my "latest discussions" are all OMD. All the frantic posts about who ships what when are getting old. I don't mind substantive posts about the camera or it's output.

12. DHart

DHart Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    Yep. :rolleyes: Shades of 25/1.4?

13. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    Yeah, maybe pre-ownership posts anointing it the "King of MFTs" might lead to some of the OD. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  14. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    I think it's pretty hilarious. I'm sure it's a great camera but this reminds of the last time I lived in a town where the football team won the Superbowl (72 Dolphins)...how shall I put it... a tad over exuberant. I guess as long as they keep it quiet after midnight and refrain from public urination it's all good.

15. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
  16. Bhupinder2002

Lol..

They all can go under threads like this ..
    1) I saw Olympus OMD
    2) I thought of ordering one
    3) I have ordered one ..lol
    4) I am waiting for OMD
    5) My OMD in transit -- I am anxious
    6) My OMD has arrived but waiting to be collected
    7) My first Impressions of OMD out of the box
    8) My first pictures
    9) Comparasion with my Old camera , cat or dog or car or whatever ..lol
    10) My first shots with OMD
    11) Comparasion with FF
    12 ) I am annoyed with OMD
    13) Wow..Olympus has announced OMD EM6 and my OMD EM5 sucks ..
    14) Major flaws with OMD- EM5
    15) MY 10 MONTH OLD OMD EM5 FOR SALE WITH 100 ACTUATIONS ..RARELY USED AS I SPENT MOST OF THE TIME DISCUSSING ABOUT POSITIVES AND NEGATIVES OF THIS CAMERA AND NEVER ACTUALLY HAD A CHANCE TO TAKE PICS
    16) NOW CYCLE REPEATS FOR OMD EM6 AND SO ON ....LOL
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Like Like x 4
  17. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    I'm still with the guy that said the OP will start his own thread when he receives his...:wink:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Wait a second, how many older E-M5 threads did you just revive in the last few hours :rolleyes::smile:

19. Bhupinder2002

I will start under already existing threads and I have some other ideas about OMD..I am gonna cook my breakfast with camera. Its weather sealed and can take my dog for a walk in bad weather ..Lol
    I may dump in washing machine to see how it can take pics in motion ..lol
    :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

20. Bhupinder2002

Jokes apart guys .We are happy to read and share everyone's excitement and the main reason is if everything is at one place then we can read and can't skip some threads. If I have some queries tomorrow then I know there is an OMD section or thread with different subheadings and I can find my answers. It will be far easier to read all the posts under one heading .
    Cheers