OMD EM5 ---- Kick A$$ camera - landscape shots

PhilS

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Phil Savory
kentonius, I did not defish any of the Samyang images, but I have used Hugin with a lot of success.. its a free program and well worth using

kentonius

Mu-43 Rookie
kentonius, I did not defish any of the Samyang images, but I have used Hugin with a lot of success.. its a free program and well worth using

Well then, I am impressed. Those are some beautiful images and it really shows us all how to USE a fisheye!

heyjohn

New to Mu-43
Are you just shooting with normal mode? Just wondering how you capture these vibrant yet very natural looking pictures. Or did you just add some touches in post

RamblinR

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Maria
Diary note … I must shoot from Wild Horse Mountain. I also just drive past it but these images have made it a must do for me now. Thanks for that. Beautiful images by the way.

sam_m

Mu-43 Regular
Gorgeous images, thanks for sharing!! and totaly agree as a landscape camera it is brilliant. I recently went off with a Canon DSLR and heavy expensive glass, and I just thought why the hell did I bother as the agro and weight of carrying it all around especially up and down hills just gets annoying, went out again with just the OMD and it was like going for a light stroll. It is such a great camera and actually makes shooting landscapes more enjoyable.

PhilS

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Phil Savory
Heyjohn.

Its natural mode on OMD. I shoot RAW, ETTR, adjust highlights/whites/shadows/blacks/exposure/contrast. Just doing this will produce very "organic" images I have found and there is an amazing amount of detail that can be bought out of the images by carefully working with these slipers. I adjust in ACR (Adobe camera reader.. I think its called) and then I bring into Photoshop. I am going to move to Lightroom soon to do these steps though. In Photshop I add slight sharpening etc and then sometimes vignette..

heyjohn

New to Mu-43
Heyjohn.

Its natural mode on OMD. I shoot RAW, ETTR, adjust highlights/whites/shadows/blacks/exposure/contrast. Just doing this will produce very "organic" images I have found and there is an amazing amount of detail that can be bought out of the images by carefully working with these slipers. I adjust in ACR (Adobe camera reader.. I think its called) and then I bring into Photoshop. I am going to move to Lightroom soon to do these steps though. In Photshop I add slight sharpening etc and then sometimes vignette..

Lightroom is superb, I highly recommend it to simplify and consolidate your process. Thanks for the info!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom