1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

OMD EM5 instant preview

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by samgrable, Jun 1, 2013.

1. samgrable

samgrable New to Mu-43

Feb 23, 2013
    Salem, OR, USA
    Sam Grable
    I've had my OMD for a few months now and really love it, but one thing I would like to change is the instant preview of the shot I just took. Does the way I am describing this make sense? Instead of showing me the picture I just took, I would like the viewfinder to go back to live view so I don't miss anything else. I would like it to be more like a dslr, in that you never see the picture you just took, unless you press the playback button. Does anyone know if this can be changed in the settings?

Thanks
    Sam

2. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Menu -> Setup -> Wrench -> Rec View -> Off.

3. samgrable

samgrable New to Mu-43

Feb 23, 2013
    Salem, OR, USA
    Sam Grable
    Of course it would be that easy! Thank you.

4. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    One of the things I like from my switch to u43 and an EVF is the ability to have a preview of the last shot instantly available in the viewfinder without having to chimp on the rear screen. It's great for checking people's expressions.

5. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Monkey with a camera.

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    I like it because it cuts down on the chimping on the OLED...also, part of the reason I got the OM-D is that it looks like a cheap film camera, and hopefully less of a theft target...if I was chimping on the OLED, it would be a dead give-away that it's digital...as it is, though I can stealthily get an idea of the shot after I took it without ever looking at the screen in the back.

Also, to answer your question...you can either turn it off (as above), OR hit the shutter button halfway to instantly get rid of it...that's what I do...I have it set up for 2 second review...that way I can quickly check to make sure I roughly got the exposure, framing, etc right...OR, I can quickly hit the shutter button and make it disappear in an instant. :)