1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

OMD-Em5 delivery date in mid-April

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by asaulo1, Mar 7, 2012.

1. asaulo1

asaulo1 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 21, 2012
    b & h site states that delivery for the omd-em5 is April 12. I was hoping it would be sooner than that considering that the new Canon 5d mk iii will be avail. on March 22nd. thoughts?

2. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I also would have hoped for an earlier date. The OM-D is being used and played with using production firmware in so many places already, it's hard to imagine that it would be that difficult to get the full production out on the shelves from the point it's at already.

3. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    noooo.. I was hoping to get it before my birthday, heh.

4. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    Estimated dates are usually just a best guess, the sooner it comes out the sooner the price goes down (I'll be in with the 12-50 kit at $1100), so I'm hoping it'll be by month's end! (I'm a deal hunter by nature and expect to have one at that price by June...if I can wait that long, hahaha).

5. asaulo1

asaulo1 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 21, 2012
    I'll probably go amazon for mine for the silver body only.... especially since they can now take my discover bonus $$$ which should help out a lot for the cost.... my camera club has a studio shoot in the latter part of March and I was hoping to go in there with my new toy to blow them away... since my gear bag will be a fourth of what they all will have.... ( i'll still secretly bring my DSLR though for practice ;) )
    Alas, not to be....

6. brianvickers

brianvickers Mu-43 Regular

Jul 1, 2011
    At Focus on Imaging, the Jacobs rep said shipping will be from 1st April.
    I have pre-ordered the black body with 12-50mm, should get a bundled extra battery, 2 part grip, wrist strap and leather cover...flash comes too!

7. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I was hoping they'd be here in time for Worldwide Micro Four-Thirds Photography Day on 4/3. ;)

8. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    my birthday is a day before, so it would have worked for everyone =P

9. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Actually I think it may be better for WWM43PD that the E-M5 doesn't ship during that timeframe.

This gives time for the event to get more publicity and focus. If the E-M5 was available at the same time it would drive attention away from the event.

• Like Like x 1
  10. lowincash

lowincash Mu-43 Regular

Mar 6, 2012
    Los Angeles
    I pre-ordered a silver one yesterday, I'll be happy if I get it before May =] I just sold my NEX-7 yesterday for this camera, so now I don't have a (digi)camera to use. I'll just use my SRT101 till I get the OM-D lol

• Like Like x 1
  11. two40

two40 New to Mu-43

Feb 19, 2012
    How does one availability date relate to the other? :rolleyes:

12. RussellOlaguer

RussellOlaguer Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 12, 2012
    Paranaque, Philippines
    Russell Olaguer
    The sales rep here in Japan told me that the unit will be available end of March. I hope western countries have the same date of delivery.

13. bongestrella

bongestrella Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 2, 2011
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    If mine does not arrive by Apr 19, I will have to cancel and "settle" for my 60d on my upcoming vacation.

14. heedpantsnow

heedpantsnow Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 24, 2011
    If anyone finds out more details about US shipping date pls post them here.

15. bongestrella

Sep 2, 2011
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    It's Apr 16 now on b&h. Looks like I will have to cancel.

16. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

You wanted the camera just for one vacation. Didn't plan to use it after that? :confused:

17. SZRimaging

SZRimaging Mu-43 Regular

Nov 16, 2011
    Maybe he needs one before he leaves for this vacation?

18. bongestrella

Sep 2, 2011
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Well, if I'm getting a camera close to a planned vacation, then why not use it for that vacation? Makes perfect sense to me.

Also, when I say I'm going to cancel, I actually mean I'm going to cancel "for now". I still intend to get the camera once I come back.

19. SZRimaging

SZRimaging Mu-43 Regular

Nov 16, 2011
    Maybe he needs one before he leaves for this vacation?

20. asaulo1

asaulo1 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 21, 2012
    Just placed my pre-order for a silver OMD-Em5 at Amazon. No shipping date as of yet but figured better to get my order in now so that I can take advantage of all my discover reward points which help the overall cost. Adorama is showing April availability but no set date.... Hopefully this ships out soon so I can pair it up with my new Oly 45mm f/1.8 that should be showing up in a couple of days... my wallet is hurting.... Damn.... :(