OMD EM5 - continuously focusing when on Single Focus?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by billyymc, Jun 14, 2013.

1. billyymc

billyymc New to Mu-43

Dec 9, 2012
    OK, so I've had my camera for a while, haven't used it as much as I'd like but am finally getting a chance to more.

AND, I also picked up the 75-300 zoom this week - just got here today. Too late to go out and use it, but was just playing with it in the house and I noticed something.

Have the camera in single AF mode - but when I point the lens and different objects the camera automatically focuses the image without me even partially depressing the shutter release - so it's acting more like continuous AF it seems.

Is this normal behavior that I just didn't really notice with the 12-50 kit lens? I did pop the kit lens back on and sure enough it does the same thing, so I'm thinking it's normal. With the kit lens I was at the wide end of the zoom a lot and this behavior is not as noticeable there.

Can't wait for tomorrow to get outside and use this new lens!

2. Nordiquefan

Nordiquefan Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2013
    I think I saw an option in the menu's to have the camera continuously focus. I check and report back unless someone else is able to clarify.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Mu-43 mobile app

3. carpandean

carpandean Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 29, 2010
    Western NY
    I believe that it is called "Full Time AF" and is in the AF/MF menu.

4. Nordiquefan

Nordiquefan Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2013
    That's the one. I couldn't remember the name.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Mu-43 mobile app

5. billyymc

billyymc New to Mu-43

Dec 9, 2012
    Thats what I was looking for - thank you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.