1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

OMD EM5 book?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by rxstuve, Oct 20, 2012.

1. rxstuve

rxstuve Mu-43 Regular

Mar 14, 2012
    USA
    Hello all,
    It might be just me but I don't find the Oly Menu system and manual combo the most straight forward piece of instruction in the world. I was looking for a book on the OMD and was surprised to not find anything other than something in German only.
    Does anyone know of any third party books published for OMD instruction purposes?

Thanks in advance.

Rick Stuve
    Semper Fi

2. jsusilo

jsusilo Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 28, 2012
    I heard David Busch is writing one up but no detail as to when that goes out, for now there are plenty of links to help you get started [see post below].

Useful links to set up your OM-D E-M5 : share them !: Micro Four Thirds Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

• Like Like x 2
  3. monchan

monchan Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 7, 2012
    Tottori City, Japan
    I like many others am waiting for the book too. supposedly David Busch replied to a thread on dpreview and said it was finished and being proccessed and would be ready at the end of september. It`s near on november now so who knows. but it shouldn`t be too far away.

4. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Personally I don't understand the problem since the menus are easy to follow. But someone has produced a video ging through the enus of an Olympus PEN, and they are 98% smilar to the OM-D menus, although I'm told the person made one mistake in the video; I didn't watch the whole thing because the Oly menu system is second nature...the video also explains Oly's wireless flash system:
    [ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxFFkZot24I]An In-Depth Look at the Olympus Pen Camera System with Wireless Flash - YouTube[/ame]

• Like Like x 1
  5. digitaldan1

digitaldan1 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2010
    The David Busch book should be out soon. I finished going over the final proofs about two weeks ago.

• Like Like x 1
  6. YantaYo

YantaYo Mu-43 Regular

Apr 18, 2012
    Colorado
  7. photographer-for-life

photographer-for-life Mu-43 Rookie

May 21, 2011
  8. mronen

mronen Mu-43 Regular

Jul 20, 2012
    Will it be available in pdf or Kindle format?

Moshe

9. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Moshe,

Not yet available on Kindle format, not any information available on PDF but I would suspect not at this point.

Slightly off topic, I really admire the marketing strategy of Victoria Bampton, who writes books on Adobe LightRoom. If one purchases the paperback version of her book(s) and registers with her website one receives copies of the book in E-pub, PDF, and Kindle versions as well at no further charge.

I prefer the printed versions of tech books, but having an electronic version available on demand is very handy at times.

Regards,

Jim

10. mronen

mronen Mu-43 Regular

Jul 20, 2012
    Thanks Jim,

Moshe

11. fljoe

fljoe Mu-43 Regular

Dec 30, 2011
    FL
    Received my OM-D book by David Busch and as usual like David's other books this is a keeper. Very well written in easy to understand format. This is a great book for an absolute beginner to the Olympus OM-D camera and a valuable reference for the seasoned OM-D camera enthusiast.

I am glad that I pre-ordered it as the prerorder price was $10 lower than the current price.

12. monchan

monchan Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 7, 2012
    Tottori City, Japan
    Thanks for the heads up, been wondering about it I`ll pick it up when available. been listed as out of stock over here since the release date. guess Amazon Jp are waiting for a boat.

13. Mikefellh

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    It's supposed to be on iBooks, but only for US customers....Canadians are out of luck.

14. karlw

karlw Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 15, 2012
    Enfield Connecticut
    karl
    Just got my book also and looks great. need to sit this weekend if I get a chance and read a bit and play with some settings.:rolleyes:

15. WasOM3user

WasOM3user Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 20, 2012
    Lancashire, UK
    Paul
    You are lucky in the US - Amazon UK states the publishing date was 3 Dec but not yet available you can only pre-order.

16. sgreszcz

sgreszcz Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 7, 2012
    Just got an update on my amazon uk preorder saying it should be delivered December 22.

17. newbert

newbert Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 22, 2012
    Glens Falls, NY
    I checked iBooks yesterday and didn't see it. Maybe in a few days.....

18. Mikefellh

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Many from the US claim it is there...wonder how iBooks determines what books are available to you?

19. apbtlvr

apbtlvr Mu-43 Regular

Sep 10, 2012
    NoVa
    Rick
    I'm looking at it on iTunes right now. 256 pages for $15.99. No ratings or reviews as of yet.

20. Shank

Shank Mu-43 Regular

Oct 5, 2012
    Michigan
    Jimmy the Cricket
    I received mine Monday. Very clear and concise.