OMD-EM10 Roll Call

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by bozer, Feb 6, 2014.

1. bozer

bozer Mu-43 Regular

Apr 4, 2013
    anyone got one yet? Mine shipped this morning from Amazon, I'll probably have it by this weekend. Excited, my first Olympus camera. I also bought the new 25. Now what to do with my G2?
  2. Jermonic

Jermonic Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 14, 2012
    Exciting :)

I'm at the Panasonic G3 right now, waiting for prices/availability status to appear in Denmark. Preliminary price for camera + standard 14-42 lens is currently 630 euro, hope it stays that way.
  3. ean10775

ean10775 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 31, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Did you get the $100 off the 25mm? I didn't see it listed on the Amazon page for the Olympus promotion.
  4. bozer

bozer Mu-43 Regular

Apr 4, 2013
    Yes I did. You can see it applied as a $100 discount. Total was $998.00 for the EM10 silver body only and the 25
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Galengwath

Galengwath Mu-43 Regular

Nov 11, 2013
    Niot yet. I'll be ordering one for my wife later this month, as well as several lenses to maximize the current promtion. I'm looking forward to the new gear, though!
  6. AndyCr

AndyCr Mu-43 Regular

Nov 10, 2013
    Pembroke Pines, Fl
    Andy Cripps
    Amazon shipped the body yesterday, since I have Prime I should get it tomorrow. The 25mm and the grip have not shipped and still show a release date of the 12th.

And yes, I too got the $100 discount on the 25mm. As someone stated already, just add it to the cart and it shows in the total. Interestingly, I was only billed around $635 for the camera, as part of the discount was applied to the sale on the body.
  7. Swandy

Swandy Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 15, 2009
    I picked mine up this afternoon at Adorama in Manhattan. I preordered the 14-42EZ and the Fisheye BCL. (I have the 14-42IIR, which I will sell if I like the little guy - and the IQ is the same, though early reports say it is. I also have the Samyang fisheye, but I don't really take it out very often - hoping I will get more use out of the BCL version - though I know the effect won't be the same.)
    Hope you all like yours as much as I like mine when you get them. Very impressive camera.
  8. stovi

stovi Mu-43 Regular

Feb 25, 2014
    My body only is on preorder at amazon uk. If I'd gone for the kit it looks like I'd have it by now. New 45mm 1.8 waiting on shelf to be used.
  9. dornblaser

dornblaser Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 13, 2012
    David Dornblaser
    I have had one for a couple of weeks.
  10. WendyK

WendyK Super Moderator

Feb 28, 2014
    Northern Virginia
    I've had mine camera body for a couple of weeks, but was waiting on the 25mm and 14-42mm EZ that I bought w/ the discount (they just arrived 2 days ago). I also ordered the 40-150mm in the interim so that I would have a lens to play with. My first digital camera was an Olympus point and shoot (2000) but this is my first micro 4/3 and only my second ILC - the first was a Canon DSLR (original Rebel circa 2004) that I inherited from my Dad when he upgraded about 5 years ago. I'm still very much a newbie.
  11. stu-52

stu-52 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 17, 2014
    Southern California, near L.A.
    Stuart Liddle
  12. billbooz

billbooz Mu-43 Regular

Jan 23, 2014
    Lynchburg, VA USA
    William H. Booz
    Ordered mine on Saturday, 2/22 and had it Monday, 2/24! Awesome delivery and an awesome little camera. Replaced my E-PL5, which just sold last night on eBay. I kept the 14-42mm from the E-PL5 and have the 17/2.8 I bought on eBay in Jan. Just started with m4/3 in November but I'm a convert, but still hesitant to sell my Canon gear. In fact, I've got adapters for my Canon lenses and plan to use them as well. I'm bidding on a 40-150 on eBay now, so hope to add that to the arsenal. Envious of you who are getting the 14-42 EZ. That' sext on my list! Then all I need is a TTL-capable flash and my system will be complete...for a while.

Just started playing around with customization of the E-M10 to truly make it my own (, but haven't really spent enough time with it yet to be sure just how it want it customized. Loving the top control dials (I shoot in Manual); so much better for changing SS and Aperture than the E-PL5!
  13. SkiHound

SkiHound Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2012
    I've been wanting the 12-40 and 75. Plan was to buy the 12-40, then get a 75 some time down the road. Then I saw the $200 off each lens with purchase of a body, and you can probably complete the rest of the story. I had to put a hold on shipment because neither my wife nor I will be available to sign for it or pick it up next week.
  14. rh22

rh22 Mu-43 Rookie

May 21, 2012
    Got mine about a week ago with 14-42 and 40-150 (Newegg bundle). Have since added the 25mm f1.8 and 9mm BCL. Enjoying the heck out of it.
  15. stovi

stovi Mu-43 Regular

Feb 25, 2014
    Got mine. First m43. It feels more solid than I expected from previews. Fantastic compact thing. Really enjoying the fast primes (45 & 75) I got to go with it. Have Ricoh GR for wider but still tempted by the 17mm 1.8 :)

I have no real issues with the menu system. Having read it needs an overhaul I was expecting to be confused but really not stuck finding anything I wanted to customise on day one.

I'm using DNG Converter 8.4 Release Candidate to get DNG from ORFs into Lightroom 5 for the time being. (no m43 pics there yet).
  16. monarchgg

monarchgg New to Mu-43

Mar 2, 2014