omd em10 mk2 evf query

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by travelbug, Feb 19, 2016.

1. travelbug

travelbug Mu-43 Regular

Oct 20, 2014
    i read in some review (i think robin wongs) that the lag in the em10 mk2's evf was a deal breaker? is it much laggier than the vf-2(which is fine by my standards)?

2. aphasiac

aphasiac Mu-43 Regular

Oct 18, 2015
    Taiwan
    Its not laggy; its jerky. In low light conditions, the EVF display's framerate drops, producing a stuttering jerking effect which is a bit annoying but I've learnt to live with.

This is probably due to the OLED panel in the EVF; the bsck LCD also drops frames but no jerkiness.

Wonder if the pen-f had the same issue?

3. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    Odd that it's got worse with the later bodies. The OMD 5, 10, 5 mk II, 1 and all the 16Mp Pens are fine.

4. travelbug

travelbug Mu-43 Regular

Oct 20, 2014
    so the jerkiness only shows up in low light conditions? how dark are we taking about here? i may be able to live with that too as long as it is not above (my perception of ) dusky conditions.

5. aphasiac

aphasiac Mu-43 Regular

Oct 18, 2015
    Taiwan
    Only time I've noticed it is when using a zoom (14-42 EZ or 12-50) indoors. The max apature of both those lenses is 3.5, which doesn't get enough light.

Even then, its only noticably when panning quickly. For me it doesn't affect the functionality of the camera at all.

6. travelbug

travelbug Mu-43 Regular

Oct 20, 2014
    good to know. this is the review i was talking about:
    Review: The Olympus OM-D E-M10 II is Solid But Has a Lackluster EVF

it also mentioned that the em10 mk2 didnt have adobe raw support then. has this been updated thru software?

7. HalPAnderson

HalPAnderson Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 27, 2014
    Canada
    Raw support from adobe usually lags the release of the camera by a couple of months. They always get around to supporting new cameras, though. The current version of Camera Raw and Lightroom supports the E-M10 II.

• Like Like x 1