OMD-EM10 Mark - Godox 350o on infrared settings

Fenix81

New to Mu-43
Hi,
I own a OMD-EM10 Mark and I bought the Godox 350o flash.

I read on the internet that I can use this flash as a slave, off the camera and triggering it with the infrared of the camera if they are on a straight line.
I tried everything, I followed all the instructions I found on how to set the 2 devices in the correct way in order the camera to trigger the flash off the camera but I was not able to achieve the result.

I also read that I have to set the flash on S1/S2 (servo / slave) but I was not able to see the S1/S2 on the flash, I can set it as slave but I cannot see on the display S1/S2.

Do you know guys if I can achieve to trigger the flash off the camera without a flash remote controller?

Regards.

MPrince

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Matt Prince
I took a quick look at the manual for the 350o and didn't see anything about being able to trigger it with infrared. Can you provide a link to where you saw the instructions to do this?

MPrince

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Matt Prince
Ok, those are instructions for optically triggering the flash, not triggering with infrared. But in any event, I don't think the TT350o can be triggered optically. There is nothing in the manual about triggering optically, and following the instructions in the link nothing happens. As far as I know the TT350o can only be triggered off camera using the built in radio. That means it can be triggered with a compatible trigger or with a compatible flash that can operate as a master.

The TT600 can be triggered optically as well as by built in radio, but that is a manual only flash.

haunted scrap heap
It does have the usual S1 and S2 manual optical slave modes. To use them, you first need to disable radio modes (if enabled) by holding the sync button until the flashing icons appear in the lower left, and then select the mode that isn't "M" or "S". Then put the flash into manual mode, at which point pushing the "slave" button should cycle through the S1, S2, and off settings.

Fenix81

New to Mu-43
It does have the usual S1 and S2 manual optical slave modes. To use them, you first need to disable radio modes (if enabled) by holding the sync button until the flashing icons appear in the lower left, and then select the mode that isn't "M" or "S". Then put the flash into manual mode, at which point pushing the "slave" button should cycle through the S1, S2, and off settings.

Are you talking about this specific model for Olympus cameras?
Because I have tried in many ways and I was not able to get S1 or S2.

If I hold the button slave, the number of the channel starts blinking and lets me select what channel the camera is on.

Sorry, I cannot understand the other step. Select the mode that isn't "M" or "S" the put it again on M.

There is not a S mode, there is only TTL, M or multi.

MPrince

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Matt Prince
Junkyardsparkle is right. Make sure the flash is not in radio mode by pressing and holding the sync button until the radio beacon icon flashes. Then turn the dial surrounding the set button until neither M (for Master) nor S (for Slave) is displayed, and press the set button. At this point there should be no radio beacon icon showing on the display.

Next, press the mode button until the display shows M (for Manual) and a power setting (1/1, 1/2, 1/4 etc.). Now that radio mode is off and the flash is set to manual, not TTL, pressing the slave button will activate the optical slave function and display S1. Pressing the slave button again you will get S2. Pressing the slave button again turns the optical slave function off.

With the flash set to optical slave and S1 or S2 displayed, the TT350o will fire when it senses another flash fires.

Last edited:

Fenix81

New to Mu-43
Junkyardsparkle is right. Make sure the flash is not in radio mode by pressing and holding the sync button until the radio beacon icon flashes. Then turn the dial surrounding the set button until neither M (for Master) nor S (for Slave) is displayed, and press the set button. At this point there should be no radio beacon icon showing on the display.

Next, press the mode button until the display shows M (for Manual) and a power setting (1/1, 1/2, 1/4 etc.). Now that radio mode is off and the flash is set to manual, not TTL, pressing the slave button will activate the optical slave function and display S1. Pressing the slave button again you will get S2. Pressing the slave button again turns the optical slave function off.

With the flash set to optical slave and S1 or S2 displayed, the TT350o will fire when it senses another flash fires.

Amazing, it is the first time I get detailed instructions on how to set the S1 or S2 on this flash. Not even the manual is so detailed, thank you.

Now, another question:
I tested the flash and it works when the built in camera flash is out. Is there any way that I can trigger the Godox flash without having to use the built in flash on the camera? (I also noticed that camera and flash have to be on the same line otherwise the flash will not work).

Regards

MPrince

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Matt Prince
You can trigger the 350o optically with any hot shoe mounted flash.

You can trigger by radio with another 350o mounted in the hot shoe and set to Master, or use any other Godox flash that can be set to Master, or you can use a Godox trigger such as the X1t-O, X2t-O, or XPro-O. This method allows use of TTL.

Fenix81

New to Mu-43

You can trigger by radio with another 350o mounted in the hot shoe and set to Master, or use any other Godox flash that can be set to Master, or you can use a Godox trigger such as the X1t-O, X2t-O, or XPro-O. This method allows use of TTL.

Thank you for the answer and for pointing me out to some models of triggers :)

hoggdoc

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Wayne

Exactly, the best way is toy use one of the Godox or Flashpoint triggers. Currently there is one for the Olympus cameras on sale for $46.00 USD: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1348951-REG/godox_x1t_o_x1tc_ttl_remote_controller.html

Latest threads

Top Bottom