OMD EM10 Hot pixels when digitally zoomed

wilsoncraft

New to Mu-43
When I digitally zoom in for focus check using either the EVF or LCD screen, I see several red spots and some smaller white spots. I assume these are hot pixels...

I have tried pixel mapping multiple times, even with the lens cap on, but they won't go away.

Fortunately and most importantly these spots are not visible in any image files.

Basically I'm wondering if this has been seen in other OMD EM10 cameras?

Leif

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Leif
I might be wrong, but as far as I know pixel mapping happens after your took the picture so you should still see them in liveview. What happens if you "review" the image in camera, are they gone?

wilsoncraft

New to Mu-43
I might be wrong, but as far as I know pixel mapping happens after your took the picture so you should still see them in liveview. What happens if you "review" the image in camera, are they gone?
They are...

Has anyone else seen this on their OMD? It's only when digitally zoomed for focusing so it doesn't harm the picture, but it does bug me a bit.

kbouk

Mu-43 Regular
Are you sure it's not the focus peaking effect?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rfortson

Mu-43 Veteran
How much are you zooming? Have you noticed something similar on other cameras? I'm wondering if you zoom in enough on any camera, will you see it? Though, TBH, I haven't noticed it on my cameras. Seems like mapping would get rid of them, though.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom