OMD-EM10 grip

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by AndyCr, Feb 26, 2014.

1. AndyCr

AndyCr Mu-43 Regular

Nov 10, 2013
    Pembroke Pines, Fl
    Andy Cripps
    I ordered the grip for the EM10 when I ordered the camera. Just had an email from Amazon that the back-order they were holding on this had been cancelled "due to lack of availability". Going to the item page they say " we do not know when or if this item will be in stock". No other sources are suggested either.

Anyone else had this? Or found another source?

2. Harvey Melvin Richards

Harvey Melvin Richards Photo Posting Junkie

Feb 15, 2014
    Southwest Utah
  3. AndyCr

AndyCr Mu-43 Regular

Nov 10, 2013
    Pembroke Pines, Fl
    Andy Cripps
    After I had the initial email from Amazon cancelling my order, I added the grip to my wish list. They emailed me a couple of weeks ago that the grip was now available again to pre-order. I placed the order, and the grip finally arrived a couple of days ago. Although I have only used it briefly earlier today, with the Panasonic 100 - 300, the camera certainly felt more secure in my grasp than it did previously using this lens. Although I didn't need to change the battery today, the quick release makes this very easy.

the EM10 with the grip attached
    13339093213_0ce63be09a.
    grip-1 by amcripps57, on Flickr

The base of the grip - the quick-release catch is on the left
    13339092463_2cbde2f3c2.
    grip-2 by amcripps57, on Flickr

After the catch is released, part of the grip comes away for access to the battery
    13338945435_3c70c41644.
    grip-3 by amcripps57, on Flickr

The grip in two pieces, showing how one nests in to the other
    13339332814_02e84262d3.
    grip-4 by amcripps57, on Flickr

Back in one piece
    13339329944_4776d83fe5.
    grip-5 by amcripps57, on Flickr

• Like Like x 5
  4. broncophil

broncophil Mu-43 Veteran

May 23, 2010
    Cool. Thanks, i think ill get one

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

5. Harvey Melvin Richards

Feb 15, 2014
    Southwest Utah
    I ordered one from B&H and it arrived Thursday. I'm also very happy with it, and I can't imagine using the camera without it. My only complaint is that I have a more difficult time flipping the LCD up because it is no longer flush with the bottom of the camera. I just need smarter fingers.

6. bobpur

bobpur Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 11, 2014
    Any chance someone could try one on an EM5 ? The little alignment pins may not
    Line up but the tripod screw and grip should fit as well as the battery slot.

7. Leif

Leif Mu-43 Regular

Sep 28, 2012
    Germany
    Leif
    I might be wrong, but I highly doubt that the alignment of the tripod screw fits. On the E-M5 it wasn't in the center of the lens mount (very annoying for panorama), but on the E-M10 it is.

edit: there is a picture showing the E-M5 and E-M10 side by side from the bottom
    http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/olympus-e-m10/Z-em10-bottom-vsEM5-600px.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. Harvey Melvin Richards

Feb 15, 2014
    Southwest Utah
    If the pins don't line up, you won't be able to get it to thread in.

9. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Even though it won't fit, there are other options for the E-M5. I remember someone on here manufacturing & selling an aluminum grip for about $125.

10. JCWOlson

JCWOlson Mu-43 Regular

Mar 9, 2014
    There's always the RRS E-M5 grip. 4urejera.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

11. Powerray

Powerray New to Mu-43

Mar 4, 2014
    Belgium
    Thibault
    mine is also still in ordering... nowhere in stock in Belgium and Netherlands...
    got my silver body friday, and it's actually also hard to get over here...
    what neckstrap/shoulderstrap do you guys use ?

12. JCWOlson

JCWOlson Mu-43 Regular

Mar 9, 2014
    The crumpler straps are good, but I just leave my Olympus one on; the camera isn't heavy enough to warrant using thick padding

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

13. Leif

Leif Mu-43 Regular

Sep 28, 2012
    Germany
    Leif
    I've ordered one from Rigu (http://rigu.co.uk/). It's a small shop in the UK with cheap international shipping. In my opinion he has some really beautiful straps and his customer service is great too.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Powerray

Powerray New to Mu-43

Mar 4, 2014
    Belgium
    Thibault
    thx for the tip !

15. Snowy55

Snowy55 Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 21, 2014
    Melbourne, Australia
    Barry
    Just added an ECG-1 grip to my new E-M10 and am very pleased with it's build quality and the extra grip it provides. A nice addtion without adding much bulk actually.

16. 2112

2112 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 3, 2014
    Emerald Isle, NC.
    Mark
    I ordered my E-M10 and the grip together, but the camera went on back order and the grip was shipped and sat on my desk for 2 weeks with no home. I ended up canceling my B&H order and ordered the E-M10 through Unique Photo and had it in 2 days.

I have only had the camera for the past 6 days now and have used it with and without the grip and I could go either way. It does give you more to hold onto and add's 87 grams of weight which is still nothing to my gripped 7D w/70-200mm 2.8 lens I was used to carrying around all day.

Loving this little camera.....

P4180635.

• Like Like x 1
  17. DL Photo

DL Photo Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 15, 2012
    Richmond, BC, Canada
    Dave
    Love the look of the grip. Mine will be arriving tomorrow. Will be nice to have a little extra to hold onto.

Also ordered the auto lens cap for the 14-42ez (off topic). Interested to see how that performs.

18. 2112

2112 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 3, 2014
    Emerald Isle, NC.
    Mark
    I thought about ordering the auto cap for my EZ, but I don't like the looks of it on the lens and would much rather just put a filter on it and let it ride. Would like to know what you think of it after trying it out.

19. DL Photo

DL Photo Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 15, 2012
    Richmond, BC, Canada
    Dave
    Received the Grip and the lens cap today.

Firstly, the cap is tiny. Hardly notice it on the EZ lens. It is great to have. Much nicer than having to worry about the regular lens cap. A bit of a rip off price wise.....but I like it.

The grip is definitely noticeable. Will take a little getting used to as it is quite a heavy addition (when compared to the camera without the grip). Looks cool though. Feels a lot better than without the grip. I can see that it will be a must if I decide to get any heavier lenses in the future. I may not take it with me on my travels if I want to travel small......but I can see it being on my camera most of the time when shooting locally.

20. Lurch

Lurch Hi, I'm a gear addict

Apr 21, 2014
    Canberra, Australia
    Jason
    I'm really tempted to get this grip for my forthcoming E-M10; I just wished it matched the silver strip around the bottom better :(