OMD EM10 Button Paint Peeling

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by cclocke, Jun 11, 2015.

1. cclocke

cclocke New to Mu-43

Sep 10, 2014
    Holliston, MA
    Hi, I've noticed that the white paint on the "OK" button on my EM10 is starting to peel a little due to usage. Is this a common issue with Olympus buttons? I doubt I am going to repair, just a little surprised since the camera is only a year old. This is my first legit camera so this could be very common.
  2. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    Seriously? That's the most minor build concern I've ever seen for an Olympus camera! Yeah, if you rough up a plastic button, the paint on it may wear off. Consider it a badge of honor for the camera.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Carbonman

Carbonman Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 10, 2014
    Vancouver BC
    Mine is fine, but I don't give my camera heavy use.
  4. GBarrington

GBarrington Mu-43 Veteran

The buttons on my E500 still look sharp!. I'm not too worried about the E-M10!
  5. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Absolutely. Like blue pipes on a motorcycle. I'm a hardcore user and my equipment just has to keep up.:cool:
  6. alan1972

alan1972 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 23, 2012
    Malaga, Spain
    Alan Grant
    The letters "OK" have almost completely disappeared from my E-M10. I have had it for about 6 months, but I got it second hand so I don't know how much it has been used in total. Fortunately I think I will be able to remember that it used to be the OK button! Reading forum posts about the various problems that crop up with this and other models, I will be very thankful if a bit of missing paint is the worst I experience.