OMD EM10 Button Paint Peeling

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by cclocke, Jun 11, 2015.

1. cclocke

cclocke New to Mu-43

Sep 10, 2014
    Holliston, MA
    Chris
    Hi, I've noticed that the white paint on the "OK" button on my EM10 is starting to peel a little due to usage. Is this a common issue with Olympus buttons? I doubt I am going to repair, just a little surprised since the camera is only a year old. This is my first legit camera so this could be very common.

2. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    Seriously? That's the most minor build concern I've ever seen for an Olympus camera! Yeah, if you rough up a plastic button, the paint on it may wear off. Consider it a badge of honor for the camera.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Carbonman

Carbonman Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jul 10, 2014
    Vancouver BC
    Graham
    Mine is fine, but I don't give my camera heavy use.

4. GBarrington

GBarrington Mu-43 Top Veteran

The buttons on my E500 still look sharp!. I'm not too worried about the E-M10!

5. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Absolutely. Like blue pipes on a motorcycle. I'm a hardcore user and my equipment just has to keep up.:cool:

6. alan1972

alan1972 Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Jun 23, 2012
    Malaga, Spain
    Alan Grant
    The letters "OK" have almost completely disappeared from my E-M10. I have had it for about 6 months, but I got it second hand so I don't know how much it has been used in total. Fortunately I think I will be able to remember that it used to be the OK button! Reading forum posts about the various problems that crop up with this and other models, I will be very thankful if a bit of missing paint is the worst I experience.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.