1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

OMD-Em1 Menu button question

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by DannyHx2, Jul 3, 2015.

1. DannyHx2

DannyHx2 New to Mu-43

Jul 3, 2015
    I'm trying to figure out a button location on the menu under Button/Dial/Lever - Botton Function . Which two buttons are they referring to under the AEL/AFL Function, the ones with a circle in the middle, one filled in the other not.

Thanks
    Dan

2. G.Webb

G.Webb New to Mu-43

May 27, 2015
    G
    Those are the buttons on the front of the camera between the grip and the lens.

3. DannyHx2

DannyHx2 New to Mu-43

Jul 3, 2015
    Thanks, I'm coming from 5 years on a E5. I got the EM1 yesterday and didn't even notice that there were buttons on the front. I figure in a couple of weeks of play I'll have it all down.

4. G.Webb

G.Webb New to Mu-43

May 27, 2015
    G
    Your welcome, Just got mine about a month ago and still learning about it. Just a note: If you are customizing your button layout and you don't have the latest firmware when you upgrade the cameras firmware it will default all the button layout back to the default settings.

5. c0ldc0ne

c0ldc0ne Mu-43 Regular

Oct 9, 2012
    As I've been agonizing over the choice between the E-M1 and the E-M5 Mark II, could you perhaps elaborate on why you chose one over the other?

6. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    FYI, Biofos.com has a decent guide on the e-m1, as well as a spreadsheet to track your custom settings.

Barry

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  7. DannyHx2

DannyHx2 New to Mu-43

Jul 3, 2015
    Thanks Barry.