OMD-EM1 intermittent lock up?

Gary Ramey

Mu-43 Veteran
My wifes camera has locked up about 3 times in a year. Not overly concerning but I wanted to see if this is an isolated experience. The only way to get it back, is to remove the battery and reinsert it. Any suggestions? My thoughts are Olympus will put it through the hoops and it will pass just fine. So the next time, we plan on doing a video.

Gary Ramey

Mu-43 Veteran
Yes, and Yes. We do have a mixture of batteries but my wife keeps the Olympus brand for the EM1.... I get to use the knock offs with my EM5 :biggrin:

pdk42

One of the "Eh?" team
E-M1 lockups were a common problem with earlier firmware (software bugs), but the rate seems (anecdotally) to have dropped off since 1.4 was released. I got my E-M1 with 1.4 and haven't had a lock up yet (about 4 months and maybe 5000 images). However there do seem to be many who have occasional freezes still, so it's clearly not 100% fixed. I think 3 in a year is livable with. These things are complex real-time computers and I don't expect perfection.

Growltiger

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
1. Have you double checked you are on 1.4 firmware.
2. It could be the card, based on the continuous shoot clue. Do you use a high quality, genuine card?

Latest threads

Top Bottom