OMD EM-10 Bracketing question

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Kwolter, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Kwolter

Kwolter New to Mu-43

Nov 6, 2015
    Never really tried auto-bracketing on my EM-10, but yesterday I playing with the settings and the ISO function seems to work as set, but when I try the AE bracket on at say at 3F 0.3EV, and get out of menu, the BKT symbol shows up on the LCD. However, when shutter is pressed I only get one shot. Does the camera need to be in some particular mode for this to function? Sorry for the noob level question, but I've only used the camera with manual settings up 'til now. Thanks!
  2. maritan

maritan Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 30, 2014
    Does the BKT sympbol go from white to green after the first shot?

IME, you have to hit the shutter 3 times. Depending on shutter speeds, you can do that in single drive mode, or continuous L or H modes.
  3. Kwolter

Kwolter New to Mu-43

Nov 6, 2015
    It does go green. I didn't realize (duh) I had to press the shutter three times! I'll play with the continuous modes. Thanks!
  4. MichaelSewell

MichaelSewell Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 1, 2015
    Burnley, UK
    Michael A. Sewell
    Have you set the drive to high or low consecutive shooting.
    Sounds like you are in single shot drive mode
  5. Kwolter

Kwolter New to Mu-43

Nov 6, 2015
    Yeah, I completely overlooked the obvious. I got lost in a see of menus. Thanks guys. :)
  6. TonyVentourisPhotography

TonyVentourisPhotography Mu-43 Regular

Nov 1, 2015
    You might want to try HDR mode if you are bracketing exposure. That should shoot the whole series for you with one press as well. You also won't be limited to 1-stop either way.