OMD E-M1 with Nikon SB 800 & SB 900 Flashes - What wireless flash trigger is most suitable?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by mac1054, Mar 4, 2014.

1. mac1054

mac1054 New to Mu-43

Would appreciate some guidance from any of you that are currently using this combination. i.e. the E-M1 with Nikon strobes.

What wireless flash trigger(s) are you using to fire your flash(es)?

Thanks

2. Hudsonhites

Hudsonhites Mu-43 Regular

Jul 14, 2011
    NYC
  3. DoofClenas

DoofClenas Who needs a Mirror!

Nov 9, 2012
    Traverse City, MI
    Clint
    ditto the V5's in non ttl.

4. mac1054

mac1054 New to Mu-43

Thanks guys, I appreciate your taking the time to offer your feedback. As it so happens a local dealer has these in stock and on sale so I'll have a first hand look tomorrow.

Cheers!

5. mac1054

mac1054 New to Mu-43

Bought the Cactus v5's today. They worked great right out of the box. Thanks again for the suggestions.

6. Ulysses

Ulysses Mu-43 Regular

Oct 21, 2013
    You can also do so with the PocketWizard MiniTT1 mounted to your camera and the FlexTT5 with a flash mounted to it. You will need to program your radios to fire in Basic Trigger mode, however.

PocketWizard claims that if you also have an AC3 unit attached to the MiniTT1 you can also control the power level of your flashes. I have yet to get this to work. I put in a support ticket to explain as much to them. Their suggestion was to try covering all the small contacts of the camera hot shoe with tape so that all the additional control signals wouldn't be passed and cause potential communication issues.

7. HappyFish

HappyFish Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 8, 2012
    Chad
    Phottix triggers

use the canon on the Oly since it allows pass through for the Metz or Oly flashes so I can keep TTL on camera and I know my remotes will be manual anyway

pulling away from them and just using the cheetah now :) remote power great price the Cl360 plenty power go all day battery the V850 great units don't need the battery pack to get the faster recycle and go all day so less AA management :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. HappyFish

HappyFish Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 8, 2012
    Chad
    Going to pull away from TTL cause of the lag also :)