1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

OMD does album artwork

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Chrisnmn, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris
    Hey guys, Im not sure if some of you remember but a long, time ago (last year) i mentioned that i was using the OMD as my primary camera and i was working in doing some artwork with it, which is different than just plain photography as i usually post here.

well today im finally able to share with you guys some album artwork i did for a progressive band all shot and done with the OMD only!

hope you guys like it!

[​IMG]

click here to check it out!

2. entropicremnants

entropicremnants Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
    Excellent! Did they like it? Or did you have to do a few versions before you had it "dialed-in" for them?

3. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris
    Thanks John and yes, the "loved it".

It involved a lot of work indeed, in order to animate the cover i had to do more than 6 images exactly the same so it would animate. But in terms of sketches i did some pencil drawings before to show and agree with the band first, if not it would have been quite painful! ha!. :happy-084:

4. entropicremnants

entropicremnants Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
    Admirable. I do photography because although I can imagine images, I can't draw, paint, or even write my name worth a hoot!

There are times I really wish I had better ability to sketch out ideas so my hats off to you for being able to communicate your ideas that way. I have "vision" without the motor skills, lol.

It is very impacting but still with a subtle quality. That's not always easy to get and again my compliments.