OMD does album artwork

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Chrisnmn, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris
    Hey guys, Im not sure if some of you remember but a long, time ago (last year) i mentioned that i was using the OMD as my primary camera and i was working in doing some artwork with it, which is different than just plain photography as i usually post here.

well today im finally able to share with you guys some album artwork i did for a progressive band all shot and done with the OMD only!

hope you guys like it!

[​IMG]

click here to check it out!

2. entropicremnants

entropicremnants Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
    Excellent! Did they like it? Or did you have to do a few versions before you had it "dialed-in" for them?

3. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris
    Thanks John and yes, the "loved it".

It involved a lot of work indeed, in order to animate the cover i had to do more than 6 images exactly the same so it would animate. But in terms of sketches i did some pencil drawings before to show and agree with the band first, if not it would have been quite painful! ha!. :happy-084:

4. entropicremnants

entropicremnants Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
    Admirable. I do photography because although I can imagine images, I can't draw, paint, or even write my name worth a hoot!

There are times I really wish I had better ability to sketch out ideas so my hats off to you for being able to communicate your ideas that way. I have "vision" without the motor skills, lol.

It is very impacting but still with a subtle quality. That's not always easy to get and again my compliments.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.