OMD - Accessories

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by HNM43, Oct 7, 2012.

1. HNM43

HNM43 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 7, 2012
    Hello everbody,

I new to the forum and m43, just recently got the OMD and loving it.

I need a few advice with accessories for the OMD. Hope somebody can help.

1st) Liveview Screen protector:- I have installed 3 screen protectors, prefectly (fitted well, no bubble) - but everytime it took it on a trip, the screen protector start to come off. Does anyone of a good screen protector for the OMD? and is something like the Zagg or Skinomi be any good for it?

2nd) I usually only use that 1st half of the grip, and would like to have a leather case to go on it, but can't seem to find any leather case that would fit with the grip, does anybody know of any?

Many thanks in advance for your help and time.
  2. jnewell

jnewell Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 23, 2011
    Boston, MA
    I've had the Micro Solutions films on my OM-D, GX1 (now sold) and G5. The first two went through a lot of use with no lifting/etc. at all. Personally, I find the Zagg films too thick and not clear enough for touch screens but YMMV.
  3. yekimrd

yekimrd Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 14, 2012
    Cincinnati, OH
    I second the Micro Solutions films for the OM-D. They give you 2 in the pack but I don't really foresee needing the second one. And they latch on easily without bubbles, pretty fool-proof.

Here's the Amazon seller (and you get free 2-day shipping if you have Amazon prime)... Micro Solution Digital Camera Anti-Reflection Anti-Fingerprint HD Display Protection Film for Olympus OM-D E-M5: Camera & Photo
  4. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Yep, me too. No issues so far using that film.

5. wayne

wayne Mu-43 Regular

Jan 14, 2012
    I also agree. That was the first thing I bought when I bought my OMD. Bought mine from Amazon as well.
  6. dukenukem

dukenukem Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 9, 2012
    Yes, without problems :smile: