1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

OM10 getting hot around battery chamber

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by fsepulveda, Apr 21, 2014.

1. fsepulveda

fsepulveda New to Mu-43

May 5, 2013
    Dominican Republic
    Felix Sepulveda
    Hi all, this is my first post. I just got (yesterday night) a new OM10 that a friend of mine bought for me in New York last week. After charging the battery I began to use the camera and take some shots around the house. I was using both the rear screen and the OVF. After some minutes (no more than 15) I noticed that the camera was getting hot or warmer than my previous experiences with cameras (I had a Panasonic G3 for 3 months last year and I have been a long time Nikon and Canon APS-c and FF shooter). Maybe this is normal....., it gets hot in the rear right side, all over the buttons, the right side of the screen and the on/off switch, specially when I use the rear screen for shooting. I have not been able to use it today but I will test it tonight again. I just want to know if this is normal (maybe related to the heat the screen produces) or if the camera might have some sort of electrical problem. Your experiences and comments are welcome !!! thanks !!!

2. fsepulveda

fsepulveda New to Mu-43

May 5, 2013
    Dominican Republic
    Felix Sepulveda
    I meant OM-D E-M10.........

3. chargedmr2

chargedmr2 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 26, 2014
    I have not noticed this with mine. I've had it for about a month. Maybe try another battery if you have one and see if that makes a difference. Best of luck.

4. fsepulveda

fsepulveda New to Mu-43

May 5, 2013
    Dominican Republic
    Felix Sepulveda
    Thanks for the reply, I will try to get another battery as soon as possible.....It will be around a week....

5. WendyK

WendyK Super Moderator

Feb 28, 2014
    Northern Virginia
    Wendy
    I do not notice this with my E-M10 either.

6. DL Photo

DL Photo Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 15, 2012
    Richmond, BC, Canada
    Dave
    I have the Olympus battery and a couple of after market batteries and no issues with either.

7. bhima

bhima Mu-43 Regular

Mar 25, 2014
    Mine gets a little warm as well. I think its definitely within its tolerances but, if I was out shooting in the desert during the daytime, I'd probably worry. Hopefully it's just the battery and not the rest of the electronics. Might pick up a spare as well and see if that is the issue.

8. newbert

newbert Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 22, 2012
    Glens Falls, NY
    I've noticed the same issue with my E-M5, ever since I got it over a year ago. (I do shoot a lot of bracketed hi-speed frames, though....) Using mostly OEM batteries. I just make sure to turn the camera off whenever I anticipate a longish time-gap between shots, and it's been fine.