1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

OM Zuiko 50mm 1.8

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Tecpatl4, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Tecpatl4

Tecpatl4 Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 16, 2010
    Midwest
    Giving it a try. Gracie makes a good test subject because of her color.

gracie-50mm2.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

gracie-50mm.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Like Like x 1
  2. twalker294

twalker294 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 18, 2010
    Not very sharp. What aperture were you using for these? I have the same lens that my dad gave me along with his OM10 and I've been wanting to try it on my E-PL1 but if this is an indicator of what I'll get from it I think I'll pass.

No offense to you of course -- I hope you don't take it that way. You didn't make the lens :) 

3. michaelfinch

michaelfinch Mu-43 Regular

Sep 24, 2010
    Lancashire, England
    I agree that focussing can be tricky - but keep at it and it gets better. I've posted some images/thoughts on the Adapted Lens Images thread FYO.
    Cheers

4. Orientator

Orientator Mu-43 Regular

Dec 7, 2010
    Olympus Zuiko 50mm f 1.8

There seem to be good and bad copies of this lens. I have one out of the last series (according to olypedia.de) and I really love it for portrait and low light shooting.

All the attached images are shot with f 1.8. See the third one (100% crop) for my poor focusing skills :wink: and lens sharpness.

Stefan

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.