1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

OM to M4/3 adapter

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by trucarp, Feb 20, 2013.

1. trucarp

trucarp Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 20, 2013
    Hey Folks, new to this forum - you guys sure have a lot of knowledge to share!
    I'm presently looking for OM to MFT adapter, but the oly one at 129$ seems a bit pricey... any recommendations?

Thanks in advance

Andy

2. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    The reason you're getting an expensive result is because there is an OEM adapter for these mounts since Olympus makes both mounts. Most other mounts have only 3rd party adapters which are naturally cheap. However, you can also find OM to m4/3 adapters from those same sellers at the same cheap prices. Try Fotodiox or Rainbow Imaging if you're in North America.

3. elavon

elavon Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 1, 2012
    Tel Aviv Israel
    Ehud
  4. peter124

peter124 Mu-43 Regular

I have a couple of the Fotodiox adapters, and they work fine, except that they focus past infinity. I wonder, does the expensive Olympus adapter do this as well, or is it manufactured to close enough tolerances that the focus scale is accurate?

5. trucarp

trucarp Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 20, 2013
    Thanks for the info, guys. Peter, since you've used the adapter, can you tell me if the adapter acts as a short extension tube, and decreases your close focus distance? If so, I may put off ordering some extension tubes.

Thanks
    Andy