1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

OM to 4/3 to micro 4/3 problems

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Jim, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Jim

Jim Mu-43 Rookie

May 30, 2010
    Hi

I've been lent some OM lenses from a colleague, a 135mm close up and a 55mm close up. Well they both have OM to 4/3 adaptors on them with dandelion chips. Bear in mind I know nothing about this, I have never used OM lenses. Anyway I thought it would be just a simple case of using my MMF-1 4/3 to :43: adaptor and away I go, but I'm having problems.

Firstly if I put the 55mm on, the screen is black and I can make absolutely no adjustments to aperture or speed. I have the lens set to manual aperture ring mode but it makes no difference.
    Secondly the 135mm seems to work, but the values are totally wrong. So if I adjust the image in live view to look like it is exposed well, it takes a picture that is totally over exposed.

Anyway if anyone has any tips it would be nice to know, is it just a case of this combination of OM to 4/3 to :43: just doesn't work? They are nice lenses but as I'm only being lent them I'm reluctant to buy an OM to :43: adaptor.

Also it comes up with a green doughnut in the top right corner, I assume this is something to do with focusing?

Thanks