OM to 4/3 to micro 4/3 problems

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Jim, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Jim

Jim Mu-43 Rookie

May 30, 2010
    Hi

I've been lent some OM lenses from a colleague, a 135mm close up and a 55mm close up. Well they both have OM to 4/3 adaptors on them with dandelion chips. Bear in mind I know nothing about this, I have never used OM lenses. Anyway I thought it would be just a simple case of using my MMF-1 4/3 to :43: adaptor and away I go, but I'm having problems.

Firstly if I put the 55mm on, the screen is black and I can make absolutely no adjustments to aperture or speed. I have the lens set to manual aperture ring mode but it makes no difference.
    Secondly the 135mm seems to work, but the values are totally wrong. So if I adjust the image in live view to look like it is exposed well, it takes a picture that is totally over exposed.

Anyway if anyone has any tips it would be nice to know, is it just a case of this combination of OM to 4/3 to :43: just doesn't work? They are nice lenses but as I'm only being lent them I'm reluctant to buy an OM to :43: adaptor.

Also it comes up with a green doughnut in the top right corner, I assume this is something to do with focusing?

Thanks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.