OM Magazine (OM-Digital)

emudojo

Mu-43 Regular
I wish they featured photographers using non pro gear.... Having the 12-40,40-150 and 300..... Is like $5k glass alone

SrMiPhoto

Mu-43 Veteran
I wish they featured photographers using non pro gear.... Having the 12-40,40-150 and 300..... Is like $5k glass alone
AFAIK, it was reported that OM-Digital wants to focus on high-end m43 cameras. I guess margins are larger with those.

Last edited:

ektar

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Don
Yeah, the notion of a modern, AF Olympus 100 macro has me scrambling to spend my money on a vintage 100 macro so I won't have the extra dosh to be tempted.

LilSebastian

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
John

There was one article with the architecture and environmental photographer that used some M. Zuiko lenses like the 12mm and 17mm in addition to some PRO lenses. He uses the non weather sealed Pen-F too! But yes, otherwise why would we expect the highlighted world wide photographers to use anything but the best?

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Legend
Is there a way to only show one page at a time not a double spread?
The only way I could read it was on my work PC by downloading it. Still had to expand so I could see only one page not the two together.
Wondering if I missed something easy, as there was no way I could read it on my tablet. Too much expanding the text and shuffling on the page around the I tried to read it on my tablet.

Was I was just doing something wrong ?

RAH

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Rich
Foxit PDF reader (and maybe others) has a split view which allows you to vertically or horizontally split a page in the view. After doing that, you can zoom in on one side without affecting the other side. But you still have to zoom in, of course. It kind of amounts to the same thing, I guess. I mean, even if the reader just showed you one page at a time, you're still only going to see what fits on the screen and you have to zoom in to read it sometimes.

RAH

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Rich
I subscribe to "Outdoor Photographer" magazine (because I wish I was an outdoor photographer), which is actually a printed magazine. I just noticed that in the latest edition there is a 2-page Olympus ad (inside front cover and first page). Inside the cover is an ad reading "Two Words for Serious Wildlife Photographers: Lighten Up" - touting the smaller size of Oly equipment. It has a link to:

https://getolympus.com/wildlife

where there is a spiffy "magazine" about wildlife photography that you view on-screen.

The second page shows the cover of a magazine PDF you can download titled "Guide to Wildlife Photography," and has a link and QR code to:

https://www.outdoorphotographer.com/take-your-best-wildlife-photos-yet/

To actually get the PDF magazine you have to give Wildlife Photographer mag your complete info, including shoe size and whether you wear boxers, briefs, or boxer-briefs. But it might be worth taking a look.

What is kind of interesting about this is that it seems that Oly is pairing up with the mag to present this stuff. Of course, maybe this is just by virtue of paying for a big fancy ad in the mag. But hey, they have money to blow on ads, so surely they can blow some money on a new sensor for the OMD cameras! Yeah, right...

Ghostbuggy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Phill
Thanks for sharing the link, otherwise I might've missed it out. I thought it was a good read with some impressive photos. Personally I don't mind the fact most photographers used the more expensive "Pro" gear, since the magazine heavily focused on wildlife and landscape, photographers will naturally take weather sealed and rugged gear. In addition they need reach and flexibility.

StefanKruse

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Stefan
Seems the marketing department has gotten up to speed quickly with online SoMe content, E-zines and adds. I even received a free t-shirt when I purchased the 8mm fish eye mid January. Albeit an Olympus t-shirt which they had just rebranded, but my local dealer had this available in his store and included it as a nice surprise when I opened the box. This means OM had this prepared and shipped to him earlier than mid Jan which tells me they have been preparing for this rebranding for some time and that they are still pushing local dealers.

IMG-0080.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
IMG-0079.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

fortwodriver

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Frank
Was Outdoor Photographer the magazine that used to have Tim Fitzharris? The guy who talked about refrigerating dragonflys so you could photograph them easier? He got into a bit of trouble for that, even though by then the article was probably about 25 years old and nobody said a word up until about 3 years ago or so.

I think that Olympus Wildlife zine is a few years old. Is that the one with Jay Dickman? For some reason, they never really pushed that guide. Now's a good time as any to start, I guess.

Real Name
Walter
Seems the marketing department has gotten up to speed quickly with online SoMe content, E-zines and adds. I even received a free t-shirt when I purchased the 8mm fish eye mid January. Albeit an Olympus t-shirt which they had just rebranded, but my local dealer had this available in his store and included it as a nice surprise when I opened the box. This means OM had this prepared and shipped to him earlier than mid Jan which tells me they have been preparing for this rebranding for some time and that they are still pushing local dealers.

View attachment 871994 View attachment 871995

The Olympus gear shop had this stuff before the sale to JIP. I have an Olympus coffee mug and Olympus dri-fit polo shirt. The "gear shop" where they sold this blingy stuff is gone. No longer on getolympus.com website at any rate. Hang on to that shirt. May be last of its kind. :-O

Last edited:

StefanKruse

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Stefan
The Olympus gear shop had this stuff before the sale to JIP. I have an Olympus coffee mug and Olympus dri-fit polo shirt. The "gear shop" where they sold this blingy stuff is gone. No longer on getolympus.com website at any rate. Hang on to that shirt. May be last of its kind. :-O
Agree - I assume this will be the last batch as they obviously took the existing stock and had an additional OM-D print put onto it. But they did do that and they did send it to retailers, who then in my case gave it away. It would have been cost efficient to not get it reprinted, and if they where only in this for the short haul they wouldn't have done it I figure. But anything with Olympus branding will not get produced anymore, so maybe this will become a sought after collectors item, that I can sell for the price of a lens at some point :D

fortwodriver

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Frank
Agree - I assume this will be the last batch as they obviously took the existing stock and had an additional OM-D print put onto it. But they did do that and they did send it to retailers, who then in my case gave it away. It would have been cost efficient to not get it reprinted, and if they where only in this for the short haul they wouldn't have done it I figure. But anything with Olympus branding will not get produced anymore, so maybe this will become a sought after collectors item, that I can sell for the price of a lens at some point :D

This reminds me of the time one of my local camera dealers ordered some polo shirts from Nikon for the in-store staff. It was almost a year after Nikon changed their logo. The swag came with the old logo on it. "If a Nikon rep sees us wearing this, they'll tear us a new one!" lol! Pretty funny.

Ghostbuggy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Phill
At first I thought I should create a new topic, however for just a marketing video, I thought that might be too much. It fits very well here, because just like the first OM-D Magazine issue, it is concentrating on wildlife and the benefits of the Micro Four Thirds system. It has been produced in corporation with Imaging Resource and I'll just link the whole article below:
https://www.imaging-resource.com/ne...-wildlife-with-the-olympus-om-d-camera-system

Latest threads

Top Bottom