1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

OM-Ds have started to arrive in eastern PA

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by deanrinehart, Apr 10, 2012.

1. deanrinehart

deanrinehart Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 22, 2010
    Dan's in Allentown has gotten a number of silver kits out to people who have preordered.

:thumbup:

• Like Like x 4
  2. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

If Dans in Allentown has EM5 cameras then B&H has them sitting gathering dust in their warehouse. Or maybe they don't even take deliveries during Passover.

3. deanrinehart

Oct 22, 2010
    Oly US HQ is only 10 miles south...that might make a difference...

4. Bamamike

Bamamike Mu-43 Regular

Mar 19, 2012
    Koblenz, Germany
    I think they will take care of their customers as they allways do. We should respect their religious closings without mocking. It is one of the best online stores of the world, reliable and with a good reputation. I think we can wait this one or two day more for our camera.

• Like Like x 1
  5. nueces snapper

Not mocking anyone. But I don't have to like it. Whatayawannabet it ends up being more like two weeks?

6. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Good news, good news! :)

7. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    At this point in my impatience, I would have paid for express delivery for the entire shipment to Texas..... Lol

Dyyyyyiiiiiing!!!! :D

- Eliot

• Like Like x 1
  8. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Good news.

9. deanrinehart

Oct 22, 2010
    And by gawd if you ever get to go to the store itself it's unbelievable. Worth the trip if you're within 4 hours. I can get there in 90 minutes, park in their free 60 minute lot, shop for an hour and get home before the wife realizes I took the afternoon off of work...

:wink:

• Like Like x 2
  10. M4/3

M4/3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
    Or a month or more - I just noticed the E-M5 with the 14-42mm kit lens configuration is backordered at Adorama with no estimated delivery date.

11. nueces snapper

Glad I Kept my EP3

I almost traded it off for a manual tele but the lens came up with problems. :wink:

12. bongestrella

bongestrella Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 2, 2011
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    I'm like an hour and a half away from Allentown, makes me wonder if it would have been better preordering locally.

13. steve

steve Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 18, 2010
    Havertown, PA
    Thanks to the OP, I called Dan's Camera shop in Allentown this morning and found out that they had one EM-5 silver kit in stock. I asked them to hold it while I drove about an hour to the shop to pick it up. As soon as I got home, I opened the box to find that there's only about 5 minutes of battery life. Not much time to play at all! So right now I'm charging the battery while reading the manual and anxiously waiting to go out and play with my new toy. I'll check in later.

Steve

• Like Like x 1
  14. nueces snapper

You didn't preorder and you have an EM5?! :eek:

I am very displeased with you. :mad:

:rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  15. steve

steve Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 18, 2010
    Havertown, PA
    No, I preordered from Amazon on February 8th and still haven't heard a word from them. I just got lucky that Dan's had one available.

16. bongestrella

Sep 2, 2011
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    So are there still any available when you got there??

17. nueces snapper

I'm just ribbing you. For those who did not preorder but want one ... take heart. There will be many as a LOT of us have preordered from different sources and will be canceling the tardy supplier. Gotta be quick like Steve here though. :thumbup:

18. littleMT

littleMT Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 8, 2012
    Lucille Sanchez
    I didn't pre-order but want one badly, though i decided to wait on the fence and see the early reports, which are trickling in..

so far the negatives are chipping paint and a mysterious hum....

my thoughts are, the chipping paint is somewhat of a drag but, I love brand new cars, and when you use them, damage happens, they never stay pristine... so I can live with paint chips...

and as for the hum, If the OMD gives me outstanding image quality, I could care less if it makes a farting sound everytime I press the shutter...

• Like Like x 1
  19. capodave

capodave Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 4, 2010
    Southern Cal
    Dave
    That made me laugh out loud

20. bongestrella

Sep 2, 2011
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    It means you actually care?