OM-D + Zuiko 50-200 (non swd)

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Lorey, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Lorey

Lorey Mu-43 Regular

Sep 1, 2012
    Missouri, USA
    Went to an event at a park today and got a few candid portraits. This was my first experience with the OMD and Zuiko 50-200. Had to manual focus because the AF is a bit to slow for the quick changing subjects.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one is a crop. About 2/3 of the full image
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  2. muzee

muzee Mu-43 Regular

May 10, 2011
    Wow ...nice!

3. Lorey

Lorey Mu-43 Regular

Sep 1, 2012
    Missouri, USA
    Thanks muzee. I appreciate you taking a look and the comment.

4. zapatista

zapatista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Denver, Colorado, USA
    Mike
    Nice pics! I sold a 50-200mm a couple weeks back, but it had nothing to do with IQ.

5. Lorey

Lorey Mu-43 Regular

Sep 1, 2012
    Missouri, USA
    Thanks zapatista. I got the 50-200 when I had my E-620. When I sold the 620 I decided to keep the lens and now I'm glad I did.

6. gtbarnes

gtbarnes Mu-43 Rookie

May 31, 2012
    San Diego, California
    Gary Barnes
    Great photos, thanks for sharing! I got my non-SWD 50-200mm in the mail on Monday with the hopes of having it replace my Rokinon 85mm f1.4 and my Panny 100-300mm in my camera bag. I chose rush shipping to get it in time to shoot a big event earlier today, and I was thoroughly impressed with the lens as a whole.

I also ended up using MF most of the time (switching to the AFs+MF mode when the subject was stationary). Compared to the 85mm f1.4, I already find manual focusing on this lens to be extremely easy and intuitive. I think the overall sharpness of the lens wide open helps quite a bit, to the point where I rarely had to use the focus magnifier at all. And even though most of my shooting was done in a dimly-lit warehouse, this lens + the OMD didn't skip a beat.

7. Lorey

Lorey Mu-43 Regular

Sep 1, 2012
    Missouri, USA
    Thanks for the comments. Yes, I think the 50-200 will be used quit a bit on my OM-D. I just got a 45 1.8 yesterday and had a chance to use it a little today at work. I'm gonna like that one a lot too, I can tell. Can't wait to get it on the streets and in the public.