OM-D, what are the cheapest mailorder prices within Europe ?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Wolf, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Wolf

Wolf Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 14, 2012
    I'm looking to add an om-d to my lineup.
    What are the cheapest prices within Europe (mailorder stores) ?

all the prices I can find are still the stock prices... :frown:

I did read that in the uk and ireland you'll get the 45mm lens for free soon, but as you will need to fill in a form, I won't be able to claim that I think ? (and i got the 45mm already)

I live in Belgium by the way, I don't know if i'll buy body only or with kit lens...
    I think body only

it retails for 1099 euro here, and the kit for 1299
  2. jair

jair Mu-43 Regular

Feb 14, 2012
    There is a guy in Italy selling on ebay for 899 euro. Shipping cost look reasonable too. The description is in italian, so I am not sure if there is a catch.

OLYMPUS OM-D E-M5 body fotocamera digitale gar. ITALIA POLYPHOTO | eBay

Took the link from 43rumors by the way, so if there is tracking code inside I apologize. If you want to order maybe you can go through the referal links of this forum.
  3. Wolf

Wolf Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 14, 2012
    I prefer not buying that kind of stuff from ebay, but from a retailer with a good reputation (warranty) ,but thanks for the link :wink:
  4. I bought mine in Belgium from Foto Rubens/Studio73: 50 Euros less than stock price.
  5. Wolf

Wolf Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 14, 2012
    do they have good service ?
  6. alfogator

alfogator Mu-43 Regular

Apr 24, 2010
    Firenze, Italy
    Alfonso Caschili
    I bought mine from a local store (near Florence in Italy) for 899 euro that also sells online:

(you can find it also on ebay and I think it's even slightly cheaper there), I bought it from the physical store and they seem reputable enough.

Also a very good price (815,99 euro) from a major online seller of electronic equipment can be found at:

E-M5BBODY - OLYMPUS - OM-D E-M5 F Black Body Risoluzione 16.1 Mpx Sens - ePRICE

I bought plenty of stuff from them over the years and never had any complaint.
  7. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Retailers have no reason to lower prices as there still is a high demand for the camera...and price reductions are being handled by Olympus through rebates, like the current one for te 45mm lens.
  8. aussieg

aussieg Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 3, 2012
    Does anyone use Cameta on Ebay bc their prices even with freight are great here in australia
  9. If you are asking after Foto Rubens? I have used them several times, very knowledgeable staff that take their time explaining everything. Never had to use them for repairs or such like.