1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

OM-D, what are the cheapest mailorder prices within Europe ?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Wolf, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Wolf

Wolf Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 14, 2012
    I'm looking to add an om-d to my lineup.
    What are the cheapest prices within Europe (mailorder stores) ?

all the prices I can find are still the stock prices... :frown:

I did read that in the uk and ireland you'll get the 45mm lens for free soon, but as you will need to fill in a form, I won't be able to claim that I think ? (and i got the 45mm already)

I live in Belgium by the way, I don't know if i'll buy body only or with kit lens...
    I think body only

it retails for 1099 euro here, and the kit for 1299

2. jair

jair Mu-43 Regular

Feb 14, 2012
    There is a guy in Italy selling on ebay for 899 euro. Shipping cost look reasonable too. The description is in italian, so I am not sure if there is a catch.

OLYMPUS OM-D E-M5 body fotocamera digitale gar. ITALIA POLYPHOTO | eBay

Took the link from 43rumors by the way, so if there is tracking code inside I apologize. If you want to order maybe you can go through the referal links of this forum.

3. Wolf

Wolf Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 14, 2012
    I prefer not buying that kind of stuff from ebay, but from a retailer with a good reputation (warranty) ,but thanks for the link :wink:

4. I bought mine in Belgium from Foto Rubens/Studio73: 50 Euros less than stock price.

5. Wolf

Wolf Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 14, 2012
    do they have good service ?

6. alfogator

alfogator Mu-43 Regular

Apr 24, 2010
    Firenze, Italy
    Alfonso Caschili
    I bought mine from a local store (near Florence in Italy) for 899 euro that also sells online:

http://www.bartolettionline.it/OLYMPUS-OM-D-E-M5-body-fotocamera-digitale-gar-ITALIA-POLYPHOTO.htm

(you can find it also on ebay and I think it's even slightly cheaper there), I bought it from the physical store and they seem reputable enough.

Also a very good price (815,99 euro) from a major online seller of electronic equipment can be found at:

E-M5BBODY - OLYMPUS - OM-D E-M5 F Black Body Risoluzione 16.1 Mpx Sens - ePRICE

I bought plenty of stuff from them over the years and never had any complaint.

7. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Retailers have no reason to lower prices as there still is a high demand for the camera...and price reductions are being handled by Olympus through rebates, like the current one for te 45mm lens.

8. aussieg

aussieg Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 3, 2012
    Does anyone use Cameta on Ebay bc their prices even with freight are great here in australia

9. If you are asking after Foto Rubens? I have used them several times, very knowledgeable staff that take their time explaining everything. Never had to use them for repairs or such like.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.