OM-D video IBIS compatability.

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Eltocliousus, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Eltocliousus

Eltocliousus Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 15, 2012
    Before I vary my lens collection further I just wanted to confirm what lenses are and aren't compatible with the OM-Ds IBIS for video mode.
    I understand that all legacy lenses without electrical contacts will not be compatible, however I'm unsure on if all native m4/3 lenses are compatible or not, for example, is the pana 14mm pancake compatible for video?

And what about older 4/3 lenses with electrical contacts when used with an electrical adapter such as the MMF-2, would they be compatible with IBIS for video?

Thankyou. :thumbup:
  2. apekkpul

apekkpul Mu-43 Rookie

May 2, 2012
    Those m4/3 and 4/3 lenses that focus automatically should be compatible with OM-D IBIS in video mode.
  3. Eltocliousus

Eltocliousus Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 15, 2012
    I was told in another thread that the 4/3 lenses won't be compatible even with the MMF-2 adapter, now I have no idea what to think :redface:.
  4. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    No, it works. It is only disabled for lenses that do not communicate their focal length electronically with the camera. In theory, some legacy lens adapters do this (Dandelion brand) and IBIS should work with video for those too.