OM-D Silver Body/Kit delayed?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by thisisanton, May 2, 2012.

1. thisisanton

thisisanton Mu-43 Regular

Apr 24, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Is the release of the silver OM-D delayed? If so does anyone know how long the wait will be? I only see people with the black body OM-D's.

2. littleMT

littleMT Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 8, 2012
    Lucille Sanchez
    it's a conspiricy of epic proportions...

give me silver, or give me death....

• Like Like x 2
  3. Jman

Jman Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Last I heard, the silver E-M5 will not be available for about another 2 weeks. I originally wanted silver too, but wanted the camera more, so I have black. Though, who knows, I may eventually own both. :)

4. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    was there anything official on that? I recalled "supposedly"'s but didn't see a solid source.

5. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    I predict a small batch of black bodies hitting the used market from the antsy silver lovers who caved and bought black.

6. MikeB

MikeB Mu-43 Regular

Jun 10, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    No, the silver kits aren't 'delayed', I have one sitting right in front of me. B&H sent it to me almost 2 weeks ago, but I was early on the preorder list.

More likely, demand for silver was higher than Olympus expected, since normally the black would be more popular. So it's simply gonna take more time for production of silver bodies to catch up with all the preorders.

7. LisaO

LisaO Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 18, 2010
    New York Metro Area
    Lisa
    I picked mine up yesterday!

8. Jazztrumpet5

Jazztrumpet5 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 20, 2012
    Kansas City
    Still waiting on my early Feb 7 preorder of the silver 12-50 kit from Amazon!

9. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Not delayed.. I have one too.

10. thisisanton

thisisanton Mu-43 Regular

Apr 24, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    I guess it's not shipping out as fast as the black kits then,

11. AlanU

AlanU Mu-43 Veteran

May 2, 2012
    I spoke to someone at Olympus yesterday. From the information I got from him he said the E-M5 is not running in full production mode yet. My rebutle was its marketing scheme stimulating demand due to small amounts of units released. He was quite pleasant and said its due to ramping up the poduction line and great demand wiping out stock.

That being said I still cant believe I got a silver (body only) from a warehouse that only got 1 in stock to this date......I better buy a lottery ticket.