1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

OM-D Settings all gone???

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by radamo, Mar 13, 2013.

1. radamo

radamo Mu-43 Regular

Aug 22, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Rich
    Just put on my FL-600R to review my flash settings since I may need the flash this weekend. Went to load the SCP and it would not come up. Seemed I was in the wrong mode of some kind. Went into the Myset menu and ALL OF MY SETTINGS ARE GONE? What did I do? How did that happen? Is there any way to backup these settings? I set my camera up months ago and now it will take me a week to set everything properly... YIKES!!!!

Does anyone know what happened? Has this happened to anyone else?
    Thanks,
    RA

2. cookme

cookme Mu-43 Regular

May 25, 2012
    I have never lost all the settings before, but it's a good practice to always turn off the camera when adding/removing peripherals or lens. I left it on by accident once and the camera went haywire until I reseated the battery.

And there is no way to backup the settings yet, as far as I know.

• Like Like x 1
  3. riverr02

riverr02 Mu-43 Veteran

May 2, 2011
    New York
    Rafael
    Selected a blank MySet?

• Like Like x 1
  4. fsuscotphoto

fsuscotphoto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 15, 2013
    St. Cloud, FL
    Ron
    That this could happen is one reason that I wish we could back those up somewhere besides the camera.

5. pictor

pictor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 17, 2010
    There is one important feature missing on the E-M5 and all other ยต4/3 cameras: the export of all settings to the memory card. As far as I know, only pro cameras of Nikon and Canon can do that.

6. radamo

radamo Mu-43 Regular

Aug 22, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Rich
    I don't believe that was it (unless it really occurred earlier and I didn't notice). I actually was very careful to note that both camera and flash were off when I mounted it. Turned on the camera and then the flash and tried to bring up SCP. When that didn't work I looked deeper and found my settings all gone. Was up way too late trying to get things back. I am close on MySet1 but have not started on the other 3 yet.

Thanks for the response.

7. radamo

radamo Mu-43 Regular

Aug 22, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Rich
    I agree...

8. radamo

radamo Mu-43 Regular

Aug 22, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Rich
    They actually were all populated before this happened... but wouldn't selecting a blank myset just put the camera back into a default mode and not erase all the MySets?
    RA