OM-D Settings all gone???

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by radamo, Mar 13, 2013.

1. radamo

radamo Mu-43 Regular

Aug 22, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Rich
    Just put on my FL-600R to review my flash settings since I may need the flash this weekend. Went to load the SCP and it would not come up. Seemed I was in the wrong mode of some kind. Went into the Myset menu and ALL OF MY SETTINGS ARE GONE? What did I do? How did that happen? Is there any way to backup these settings? I set my camera up months ago and now it will take me a week to set everything properly... YIKES!!!!

Does anyone know what happened? Has this happened to anyone else?
    Thanks,
    RA

2. cookme

cookme Mu-43 Regular

May 25, 2012
    I have never lost all the settings before, but it's a good practice to always turn off the camera when adding/removing peripherals or lens. I left it on by accident once and the camera went haywire until I reseated the battery.

And there is no way to backup the settings yet, as far as I know.

• Like Like x 1
  3. riverr02

riverr02 Mu-43 Veteran

May 2, 2011
    New York
    Rafael
    Selected a blank MySet?

• Like Like x 1
  4. fsuscotphoto

fsuscotphoto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 15, 2013
    St. Cloud, FL
    Ron
    That this could happen is one reason that I wish we could back those up somewhere besides the camera.

5. pictor

pictor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 17, 2010
    There is one important feature missing on the E-M5 and all other µ4/3 cameras: the export of all settings to the memory card. As far as I know, only pro cameras of Nikon and Canon can do that.

6. radamo

radamo Mu-43 Regular

Aug 22, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Rich
    I don't believe that was it (unless it really occurred earlier and I didn't notice). I actually was very careful to note that both camera and flash were off when I mounted it. Turned on the camera and then the flash and tried to bring up SCP. When that didn't work I looked deeper and found my settings all gone. Was up way too late trying to get things back. I am close on MySet1 but have not started on the other 3 yet.

Thanks for the response.

7. radamo

radamo Mu-43 Regular

Aug 22, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Rich
    I agree...

8. radamo

radamo Mu-43 Regular

Aug 22, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Rich
    They actually were all populated before this happened... but wouldn't selecting a blank myset just put the camera back into a default mode and not erase all the MySets?
    RA

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.