OM-D pre-order cancelled....GH-2 inbound.

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Dave in Wales, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Dave in Wales

Dave in Wales Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 5, 2011
    West Wales
    I'm staggered I've actrually made a decision.

I was never really at ease with my pre-order as some of you probably realised.

It has far too many features that I just don't need and lacking some that I do.

On top of that at over £1000 body only the GH-2 is a mere £530.

Just not sure now whether to sell my mint G3/14-42 or hang on to it, time will tell.
  2. Zanr Zij

Zanr Zij Mu-43 Regular

Mar 10, 2012
    It's belong your purpose. I cancelled my OM-D order to pick up E-P3 + 14-42mm II MSC only @ 400$. Should be balance between body and lenses :)
  3. foto2021

foto2021 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 5, 2011
    SE England

A good decision, I think.

As a former OM user (in the 1970s) I am strongly attracted to the look of the E-M5. I am going to a camera store event tomorrow to try one. If I allowed my heart to rule my head, I would probably buy it, but my head tells me that I have no need for it: for now, my G3 is more than good enough for my needs.

However, it would be very different if I was an Olympus PEN user, constrained until now by a noisy 12 MP sensor. The E-M5 is just what Olympus needs in its range and it will be hugely popular with Olympus users. But I don't think there will be quite as many Panasonic users who will feel the need, especially not at the price being asked.
  4. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    The price difference alone is a good reason to go with the GH2. The OMD looks to be a terrific camera but fr the samples I've seen it's IQ does not appear to be that different than the G3 which in turn is not quite as good as the GH2. The OMD has a lot to recommend it but it comes at a pretty steep price. Right now cameras like the GH2 and E-P3 are tremendous bargains and while they may not be the cutting edge they are capable of superb images at a price that leaves you a little left over for some nice glass...or rent.
  5. soulofoto

soulofoto Mu-43 Regular

Mar 21, 2012
    but man, I like the e-m5 samples I;ve seen....maybe with the new OM-D Olympus I can take a few pictures that I like myself...
  6. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    I don't understand this line of thinking... What cam are you using right now? The camera cannot make you a better photographer, only you can. Right now all m4/3 cameras out there can produce beautiful photographs, it's just up to the photographer.

A bad photograph with less noise and higher resolution is still a bad photograph.
    • Like Like x 2