OM-D power being finnicky

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Village Idiot, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Village Idiot

Village Idiot Mu-43 Regular

Nov 28, 2011
    I'm having slight issues. Occasionally when my OM-D goes to sleep it won't wake up without recycling the power. Pressing all of the buttons to attempt to bring it bike to life does nothing. The last time I had it out for a restaurant review over an hour from the house and even recycling the power did nothing. Eventually I pulled the battery and replaced it and it worked fine. This is with a fairly new and relatively lightly used camera with a fully charged battery in it most of the times. I thought I was going to be stuck using my iphone.

Anyone seen this happen before? I can't necessarily send it in to service when it is working because they won't have anything to fix and the is a pretty random problem.

2. newbert

newbert Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 22, 2012
    Glens Falls, NY
    My OM-D occassionally doesn't wake up by simply pressing a button. When that happens, I turn the power off then back on and it's good to go again.

However, once (only once...) even that didn't work. I had to remove the battery and put it back in (the same battery) in order for it to wake up again. Note: That was after shooting a number of high-speed brackets and the battery was pretty warm. This was with the Panny 20/1.7 lens attached.

I don't consider it to be more than an annoyance.....at this point.

3. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Does the behavior occur with all lenses? What firmware version are you on?

DH

4. uci2ci

uci2ci Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 22, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Sam
    Is the 20 1.7 lens attached to it? If so, thats why, its a known problem

• Like Like x 1
  5. Village Idiot

Village Idiot Mu-43 Regular

Nov 28, 2011
    This would most likely be it. I only have this lens and the 45 and the 20 stays on the camera most of the time because it's a more usable focal length for me.

6. jnewell

jnewell Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 23, 2011
    Boston, MA
    Wasn't the now-gone 1.2 firmware supposed to address that problem with the 20/1.7?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.