1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

OM-D & Pany lenses

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by hodad66, Mar 17, 2012.

1. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
    I have only owned Pany cameras and most of my native lenses are
    Panasonic. What can I expect in the way of operation of these Pany
    lanses on the OM-D?

2. No CA correction (the 20mm can be a bit nasty on an Oly body), a bit of extra aperture clicking. Just remember to choose either OIS or IBIS but not both. The E-M5 will hopefully make it worthwhile to turn the OIS off.

• Like Like x 1
  3. hodad66

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
    thanks.... wonder if I should wait for the next Pany G?

4. Maybe, but I guess it depends on what features you value most and how long you are prepared to wait. As to what the next Panasonic G will be, who knows? Both Panasonic and Olympus have shown that they can give with one hand and taketh way with the other when they update a model, so you can't always take it for granted that if you loved one camera it's replacement will be the same thing, only better.

5. Sam0912

Sam0912 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 1, 2012
    Hodad, what do you have at the moment? I'm still on a GF1 with 14 and 20mm lenses, I'm tempted by the GX1 but don't see it being a big enough upgrade just yet.

6. Kiwi Paul

Kiwi Paul Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    Aberdeen Scotland
    If you are not in a hurry to get the OM-D I think it's wise to wait and see what Pany release this year. An updated G3 or a GHx maybe?
    The only thing that temps me to pre-order the OM-D is the free grip offer which is a good deal.

Paul

7. hodad66

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
    yea, wish that we had the free grip deal as the grip is one of
    the reasons why I like my G1 so much! If I get the Oly it will
    have e a grip soon after.

8. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Your Panasonic lenses will work great on the OM-D. From your signature, I assume you're talking about the Lumix 14mm/2.5, 20mm/1.7, 45-200mm, and 100-300mm, right? Those lenses won't have any noticeable difference between a Panasonic and Olympus body.

9. maxpiz

maxpiz Mu-43 Regular

Jan 5, 2010
    The Lumix lens like the pancake 14mm and 20mm have the correction of aberrations and distortion directly into the body! This happens even on Olympus bodies like the new OM-D?

10. hodad66

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
    Thanks Ned! I'm going to try it anyway.... ;-) We'll see what happens.
    The G series keeps getting less and less grip as if all of us are street
    shooters. Except for the cost, having a portrait grip will be nice again.