1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

OM-D One-touch white balance - Can't get it to work

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by (G), Sep 17, 2012.

1. (G)

(G) Mu-43 Regular

Jul 5, 2012
    Minneapolis
    I'm having trouble figuring out One-touch White Balance on my OM-D.

According to the instructions, I go into Gears G/WB and select Custom 1 or Custom 2. I select Custom 2.

"Then press the INFO button." I do this and nothing happens... nothing changes. So I go into the next screen to the right and am presented with the "A/G" sliders. I press INFO there and nothing happens.

Then "Photograph a piece of colorless paper and the one-touch white balance screen appears." Nothing happens for me except that I'm shown the photo I just took of the white paper.

Does it matter that I've customized my camera buttons so that I no longer have a single-press button to this feature? Can someone tell me where I'm going wrong?

Thanks!

2. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Will have to get back to this later, don't have my camera with me.

3. riverr02

riverr02 Mu-43 Veteran

May 2, 2011
    New York
    Rafael
    Only step you're missing at the end of what you described is to then press the shutter button to take a picture for the purposes of setting the WB. It won't actually store the picture, but will instead customize the WB off of it. Just did it on my camera to make sure that's how it works.

Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 2
  4. (G)

(G) Mu-43 Regular

Jul 5, 2012
    Minneapolis
    Thanks for the reply. Hmmm... just tried it again. After hitting the shutter I'm shown the photo of the piece of paper I took a shot of, and am then back in the live viewfinder. If I look in PLAYBACK, there's the shot of the piece of paper, stored. Then if I shoot the paper again, the white balance is still the same way as it was originally, so it's not using any stored values.

5. Mikefellh

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    The instructions say NOTHING about going into Gear G to do this.

With Live View up (either monitor or EVF) press Ok and select the WB from the side menu. After the WB is highlighted press left-right until one of the the One-Touch WBs are highlighted. You will then well see the word "Info" displayed on the screen...this is when you press the Info button.

6. (G)

(G) Mu-43 Regular

Jul 5, 2012
    Minneapolis
    This is why I mentioned the fact that I've reprogrammed my buttons. When I press OK I get the Super Control Panel.

HOWEVER, that said, I did get to the left-right WB menu and followed your directions from there. Thank you very much!

7. Mikefellh

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    If you have the SCP up and the WB highlighted, press OK again and you should get the left-right menu.