OM-D + Oly FL-BKP02 flash bracket

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by andrew00, Feb 7, 2013.

1. andrew00

andrew00 Mu-43 Regular

Sep 9, 2010
    Thought peeps would like to check out this combo, my OM-D + the Oly FL-BKP02 flash bracket.

The flash bracket is a weird one as it's the one used in the original OM-D promotional material, and for a long time I wanted it as I'm a fan of a flash close to the lens 'snapshot' feel.

However, it actually took me forever to find out what the name was as there is literally no mention of it in a Western OM-D page, I eventually found it's name through a seemingly endless google sesh. For some reason it's only listed, and therefore only sold, in Japan. Weird!

I ended up ordering it from Amazon JP, getting it sent to Tenso, which is a re-direct shipping company in Japan, who then shipped it to me in the UK! And here it is for the curious:

(pic taken with my GRD3, so there's a bit of distortion from the 28mm lens but whatev's)
  2. Azon

Azon Mu-43 Regular

Jan 6, 2013
    Why not to install FL600 directly on the hot shoe? Flash head almost on the lens level would be a nice cause of red eyes... And convenience of this construction very questionable.
  3. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    nice looking rig!
  4. Savas K

Savas K Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    Wireless runs it, right? It struck me that there were no curly wires running from camera to the flash unit. Flash looks to be sitting on a cold shoe, to boot.
  5. andrew00

andrew00 Mu-43 Regular

Sep 9, 2010
    Yup, wireless! Works fine, I've got the flashing light taped up as that's annoying, but it still fires perfectly fine.

The shoe is indeed a cold shoe, which is cool. I also have the Oly sync cable I've not tried yet but don't see why I'd need it when the wireless works fine.