1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

OM-D OEM Battery Power

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by mxlin, Feb 27, 2013.

1. mxlin

mxlin Mu-43 Regular

Oct 6, 2010
    Pennsylvania, USA
    I originally posted this question under "film making" section of forum and gotten no response, so try it again here.

Will 2 fully charged OEM batteries have enough juice to last for 2-hours of video shooting with LV on the entire way? I wasn't able to find an AC adapter for the OM-D.

Thanks in advance or any feedback.

2. Wairoakid

Wairoakid Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 3, 2012
    I have achieved that with Olympus batteries -second battery in HDL-6 grip.
    Don't forget you can only get 29 min continuous recording without having to restart regardless of card size and battery strength and video format/size. So two hours will have 4 or 5 separate files.
    Also if camera internals get too hot during recording it will stop. That has not happened to me

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    That's why you should ask in a forum...the power supply for the OM-D is the Olympus AC-3, but it requires you to have the HLD-6 grip attached in order to be able to plug it in:
    Olympus - AC-3 - System Cameras - PEN & OM-D Accessories

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.