1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

OM-D not displaying focal length

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by luiztakei, Feb 9, 2013.

1. luiztakei

luiztakei Mu-43 Regular

Dec 13, 2012
    Luiz
    Hi everyone,

Today I decided to use the 12-50 zoom lens and I noticed something annoying. For some reason, when I change the focal length the camera doesn't display the change. If I want to check what the focal length is, I have to turn some dial (for instance the dial that changes the aperture) and then it displays a lot of information, including the focal length.

Have I changed some setting by mistake that is making the camera behave like that or is it a problem with lens and/or camera?

2. rolling green

rolling green Mu-43 Regular

Dec 31, 2012
    city of chi
    I think you need to toggle with the info button to change what is displayed on the screen. Sometimes when I press the info button when framing to take a picture all the numbers disappear. If I press again, other information is displayed. I just toggle thru until I see what I need. It's actually a nice option because sometimes when framing I like to see the picture without the other distractions.

3. luiztakei

luiztakei Mu-43 Regular

Dec 13, 2012
    Luiz
    You are right! I was so silly! :) 

4. rolling green

rolling green Mu-43 Regular

Dec 31, 2012
    city of chi
    Just checked and this is for the LCD only. On the EVF my focal length is always displayed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.