OM-D noise reduction and noise filter?

hazwing

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I know this have been covered before, but I'm still having trouble figuring a few things out...

Noise reduction is for reducing the noise from long exposures
Noise filter is for reducing noise from high ISO?

If you shoot RAW... does the noise filter affect the RAW file at all? Or does it only make changes to the JPG file. I use LR and not the olympus software.

Under my settings menu, I do not have the option of turning noise reduction on or auto. The option is not highlighted and can not be selected at all. It seems to be set to off, but I do not have the option to change this. Am I missing something here??

phl0wtography

Mu-43 Veteran
I do not have the option of turning noise reduction on or auto.
Many settings, such as Noise Filter and Reduction are only available when you take control of your camera, and use P/A/S/M modes.
You should stick to those modes instead of iAuto or all the other crap modern digital cameras come with.

If you shoot RAW... does the noise filter affect the RAW file at all
Not up to ISO 1600. Didn't do any tests above because that's my personal threshold I use the OM-D with.

hazwing

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Many settings, such as Noise Filter and Reduction are only available when you take control of your camera, and use P/A/S/M modes.
You should stick to those modes instead of iAuto or all the other crap modern digital cameras come with.

I usually use aperture priority mode. Still have the same issue with aperture priority or manual modes

hazwing

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Okay, I've figured out why the noise reduction option is disabled... it is because I have sequential shooting enable. I usually have low speed shooting set at 3fps. If single shot mode is enable, I can then change noise reduction. It is already set to auto by default.

Latest threads

Top Bottom