1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

OM-D meets Aperture Expert

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by jgharold, Nov 4, 2012.

1. jgharold

jgharold Mu-43 Regular

Sep 19, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. brutto

brutto Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Feb 17, 2011
    To be honest James, I'm not wild about the results from those presets but I am very grateful to learn about Aperture Expert. As a committed but basically ignorant Aperture user I'm sure AE is going to be a boon for me. Many thanks for the tip.

Btw, I've had some good results using several Aperture presets from Presetpond.

• Like Like x 2
  3. aukirk

aukirk Mu-43 Regular

Sep 9, 2012
    Interesting post... I am not a big fan of filter effects like this, as it reminds me a lot of Instagram photos. However, I am interested in checking out Aperture Expert, as I really feel like there is a lot more I could be getting out of Aperture.

I really like that third photo of your son... would be interested to see what it looks like if you had post-processed it using your normal techinque...

4. jgharold

jgharold Mu-43 Regular

Sep 19, 2012
    Hi Aukirk,

I will upload the original picture for you tonight so you can compare a before and after.

5. jgharold

jgharold Mu-43 Regular

Sep 19, 2012
    Apologies for the delay but I have now uploaded the original file of my son, so you can compare.

6. aukirk

aukirk Mu-43 Regular

Sep 9, 2012
    Thanks James... I think confirms that I am not a fan of the filters... Great pictures, but I don't think it is the filter effects that make them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.