1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

COMPLETED OM-D maybe... E-P3 maybe...

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by SRHEdD, Jul 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    Bought a new Jeep and want to lift it and add muds. $1000 would go a long way towards tires. Should I give in to this fit of insanity, anyone want a black OM-D? No marks, in kit box, but no lens. I like the camera, but also really still like the feel of my E-P3.

I suppose I could also sell the E-P3 for $450... also black and in similar condition.

2. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    74   0   0

Aug 9, 2010

Okay you're as bad as I am with this stuff. BUMP!

3. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    I am, but I hate to see a Jeep on street tires... seems wrong somehow...

4. gnod

gnod Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Apr 20, 2012
    NYC
    Did you get a wrangler?

5. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Jeep makes other vehicles than a Wrangler?

Wrangler = Jeep :)

Mine's a TJ (1997).

6. dixeyk

Rating - 100%
    74   0   0

Aug 9, 2010
    Without a doubt. I'm the last person you need to convince to sell gear to buy other stuff. I'm the poster child for that kind of thing. What color is the Wrangler?

7. tgmosher

tgmosher New to Mu-43

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Jul 1, 2012
    Melbourne, FL
    Keep the cameras - sell the Jeep...oh wait, you only bought it less than a couple of weeks ago...

Everyone...the OM is mint - I've seen his camera.

8. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    It is white. I sold my white 4DR Unlimited when we moved to Florida. A nice one, lifted on 33s. Silly me thought I could live with a convertible Mustang... a mere car. This is my 9th Jeep. I was a Trail Guide at Camp Jeep for a couple of years, and the president of a local Jeep club before we moved to the land of sand and swamps. Still, I'd rather drive a Jeep Wrangler any day. Now it needs new shoes...

9. dixeyk

Rating - 100%
    74   0   0

Aug 9, 2010
    My dad used to say that Florida was flatter than pee on a pancake (he was from Mass). :eek: I never really thought about it when i lived there but 30 years but after NW I went back recently for a visit...he was right. I think the street I live on is higher than the highest point in the state of Florida. Do you go four wheelin' or is it that you just prefer Jeeps? I'd think four wheelin' would be a real challenge in swampy areas.

10. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    We lived in Delaware previously and had the benefit of real drive-on beaches that required large tires (not the concrete-sand of Florida's drive ons). We also drove up into PA into Carbon County to great off-loading on rocks. We also had twice-a-year trips to Harrisonburg, VA to the George Washington National Forest, and some great trails and camping. Sand and swamp is just nasty to everything under a Jeep, but that seems to be the usual trail ride here. My oldest son is too young to remember any trail rides and is bugging me to go. There is also an off-road park in Ocala that looks fun. Looks like they shipped in a few boulders! Probably been on 100+ trail rides over the years.

11. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    A buddy of mine took us offroad in the Maine woods in his S10 blazer. It was a wrangler that pulled us out when we got stuck :)

I would like to go rock crawling some day. Or maybe just watch it in person :)
    [ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYK4hfpcT-Y]Steep Wall Climb Jeep Wrangler, Jeep JK, Jeep Rubicon, Rock Crawling, Utah - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kym5jZtYTVc]Moab Easter Jeep Safari 2010 Wrangler Rock Crawl.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

12. dixeyk

Rating - 100%
    74   0   0

Aug 9, 2010
    If you ever make it out this way we have some beautiful back country that your Jeep would love :biggrin:.

My only experience with trail driving was a WRX on trails in Utah...the point was more go fast than go over boulders. it was still pretty fun and it was amazing what that little bugger could get throiugh. Made me feel like i was 12 again. Only car I have ever had that I miss.

13. gnod

gnod Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Apr 20, 2012
    NYC
    Sound like a typical jeeper, lol

I got an '05 LJ. Love it. :)

14. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    I was looking for an LJ, there a TONS down here, but one didn't come up and I had to strike while the wife was willing! (Luckily she has a Lexus GX470)

15. BSH

BSH Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Jan 18, 2012
    WI
    Okay, I think this thread has digressed sufficiently. Now we need a new thread with just JEEP pics! 'cause really, a Jeep is more than just a car like that other thread. Right? :smile:

16. BarefootPilgrim

BarefootPilgrim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Dec 23, 2009
    Westchester, IL
    Bob
    Yeah.... you guys probably oughtta start another thread for the FS stuff and re-title this thread "Why I Had To Sell My m4/3 to Buy Shoes and Socks for My Jeep plus Jeep Pix You Pansy Road-car Drivers Will Die For" or something like that. :biggrin:

:wink:

• Like Like x 2
  17. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    I don't think there's really anything for sale here.

18. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    There is! I've been getting PMs about the E-P3 more than the OM-D, and it looks like I might have a deal pending. I'll close this if it sells.

19. UkeChick

UkeChick New to Mu-43

0   0   0

Jul 30, 2012
    Is the p3 or OM-D available? What is the asking figure and what do I get.? Just sold all my canon gear due to severe carpal tunnel issues. Need a lighter camera. Let me know.

20. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    No, the E-P3 sold (waahhhh...), keeping the OM-D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.