1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

OM-D journey to the ocean...

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by henavs, May 30, 2013.

1. henavs

henavs Mu-43 Regular

May 30, 2013
    ...Behind a glass :redface:

OM-D, FE, 7-14/4, 45/1.8 & 75/1.8
    All scenes shot handheld.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geyrIe5n8kQ"]Resorts World S.E.A Aquarium - The World's Largest Aquarium - YouTube[/ame]

2. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Amazing!

3. DekHog

DekHog Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Wow, what a place. Amazing.

4. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris
    Amazing!

5. jloden

jloden Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    Really, really nice work! Nice editing, transitions and framing throughout :2thumbs:

On a technical note, it was interesting how some of the shots are noticeably sharper and clearer, I'm assuming they were done with the 75mm or maybe the 45mm? They're tighter shots, and I'm guessing the larger aperture helped reduce the ISO values needed which makes it cleaner also.

6. henavs

henavs Mu-43 Regular

May 30, 2013
    Thanks, everyone!

Unfortunately the place a bit let down without whale sharks like Georgia or Okinawa aquarium. The whale shark plan was canned due to protest & replaced with dolphins, which is also under fire.

7. henavs

henavs Mu-43 Regular

May 30, 2013
    Thanks! Appreciate the kind words. :)

Yup, spot on! The wider ones mostly from high ISO noise & denoising them during editing turns them into mushy mess.

8. allenyew

allenyew New to Mu-43

Jun 4, 2013
    Excellent !

9. henavs

henavs Mu-43 Regular

May 30, 2013
    Thanks! :smile:

10. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    Nice work man. Aquariums are so cool...I always have as much fun as the kids :)

11. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Amazing and wonderful. It is ... mmmh ... comforting to see places where people can have contact with an environment they would normally never experience. I imagine many children may now consider a dream of becoming a Marine Biologist based upon their experience at the aquarium.

I understand the exploitive concerns of people, but a well managed aquarium or zoo advances the causes of environmentalists.

Thank you for sharing and your edits were well done.

Gary

12. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe

...and I imagine that at least some of those kids, eyes so filled with wonder and
    huge smiles will be some of tomorrows environmentalists, or at the very least tomorrows environmentally aware adults.

13. henavs

henavs Mu-43 Regular

May 30, 2013
    Thanks for the feedback.

I agreed with GaryAyala & Livnius on how animal conservation may educate & influence children to follow the footsteps of fellow biologists.