1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

OM-D HLD Battery Grip on Amazon

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Fmrvette, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
  2. Nepherim

Nepherim Mu-43 Regular

May 27, 2012
    NJ, USA
    That's $325 + 13 shipping. Also, from that page, looks like Amazon has it for pre-order at $300 with free Prime shipping.

3. Jimbo3rd

Jimbo3rd Photog GoGo

Mar 10, 2011
    Central Florida/Disney area
    Jim Sullivan
    Amazon is showing in stock Tuesday the 26th at a price of $299.00 including shipping.

• Like Like x 1
  4. StevenJay

StevenJay Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 25, 2012
    Manhattan
    Does that include a battery?

5. Fmrvette

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Rats. My order at the higher price was from a third party shipper (Ace Photo) and Amazon won't honor the new, even better price.

(Ace has met their commitment, seems churlish to return the unit to them just because I changed my mind after finding a better price).

Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you :biggrin:.

Jim

6. Fmrvette

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
  7. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    No. The grip comes without batteries. Note that it can be used with a single battery (doesn't necessarily need 2).

DH

8. ryanlogic

ryanlogic Mu-43 Veteran

May 23, 2012
    Antakya, Turkey
    For that price, it should come with at least one battery.

9. Fmrvette

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    You would then cringe at what I paid for the battery grip and AA adapter for my Nikon D300.

:rofl:

The price has dropped since the D300 was released and there are good 3rd party grips available. I would assume that if the OM-D sells in sufficient quantities that 3rd party suppliers will step up and offer lower priced alternatives in the not-too-distant future. (It doesn't elude me that purchasing a battery grip for a camera body that was purchased primarily due to it's small size and weight is a bit...well, you know.)

10. artsifrtsy

artsifrtsy Mu-43 Regular

Jul 2, 2011
    Ozarks
    Get it from Mikes Camera in Colorado - I stopped in on my vacation - great store, lots of Pen shooters there on staff. Price is $279

Mike's Camera | Products Catalog

11. ryanlogic

ryanlogic Mu-43 Veteran

May 23, 2012
    Antakya, Turkey
    I used to go in there when I was a kid.. I am from Boulder.

12. hydro

hydro Mu-43 Regular

Jun 9, 2012
    Little Rock, Arkansas
    Randy Hyde
    Exactly.

13. artsifrtsy

artsifrtsy Mu-43 Regular

Jul 2, 2011
    Ozarks
    I went into the Denver store after reading about someone finding an E-M5 in the Boulder shop. I was on a cross country road trip and they were open on Sunday when I had an issue with my camera. They had a certified tech there and helped me out. Of course the tech encouraged me to try the grip on and see how it felt - I saw the price and bought it. My souvenir from Colorado :)

Great store and great service. I only wish we had a store like that here.