OM-D HLD-6 Battery grip tripod mount problem with Capture Holster System

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by jayjayn, Aug 15, 2013.

1. jayjayn

jayjayn Mu-43 Rookie

May 9, 2013
    I noticed an issue with my HLD-6 while using the Capture Holster System and it appears that the tripod screw mount isn't as secure as I thought it would of been. Anyone know a Fix for this or if it's covered under warranty? Because of this bulge the actual battery grip won't seat fully onto the rest of the grip and now there is a gap that between both parts of the grip.

Attached Files:

2. Savas K

Savas K Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    My guess? Uncovered. A fix? Buy a new grip. I don't think Olympus warrants the product to be affixed to the bottom with a sling-type of system. Whether it's the camera body or it's accessory grip.

3. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Disappointing. It appears the tripod screw on the grip is simply mounted in plastic. A letdown from the superior build quality of the body itself.

4. dennisb

dennisb Mu-43 Regular

Jan 23, 2012
    Exactly the same thing happened to my E-M5, not the holder. It was from normal tripod use where it seems I mounted the plate harder then needed. I haven't called Olympus yet thou.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.