OM-D Heat issue

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by phun403, Jun 23, 2012.

1. phun403

phun403 New to Mu-43

Jun 23, 2012
    Hi there,

I just recently got my OMD after 2 weeks of waiting for a shipment.

After about 5-10 minutes of playing with the settings the camera is becoming noticeably warm, not burning or anything but the temperature difference is there. I'm just wondering if this is normal or happening to your EM5s
  2. b_rubenstein

b_rubenstein Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 20, 2012
    Melbourne, FL
    Normal. Batteries get warm when they source current and the battery is located very close to the front of the camera.
  3. cookme

cookme Mu-43 Regular

May 25, 2012
    mine warms up the grip side noticeably, plus holding it all the time keeps it warmer also. however I don't think there is going to be any overheat issue. well, hopefully not.
  4. DizzyV6P

DizzyV6P Mu-43 Regular

Apr 13, 2012
    While shooting with the LCD on at Disney's Castaway Cay in 90+ degree sun for about 2 hours, the camera performed perfectly in the heat. It did get a bit warm, but I figured it was a combination of the sun and the batteries.

In fact...(looking at my sunburned shoulders....) I think the camera survived the heat better than I did. I wouldn't worry about the heat after my heat torture test....the camera passed, I failed ;)
  5. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Also processors, displays, etc. etc. etc. Also since the body is magnesium-alloy it transmits the heat more than plastic casing.
  6. artsifrtsy

artsifrtsy Mu-43 Regular

Jul 2, 2011
    The grip makes this less noticeable - all my Pens have had a similar amount of heating.