1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

OM-D, few questions

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by frugalman, Jul 1, 2012.

1. frugalman

frugalman Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 25, 2012
    I know the camera is weather sealed, but how about the lenses?

How is the flash that comes with the camera?
    Does it cast a shadow onto the images if the lens is "long"? I know my GF2 does this.

How is the battery life? On average, how many photos can you take on 1 full charge?

is there a way to turn off the LCD screen while shooting video and/or taking photos?

2. chrism_scotland

chrism_scotland Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2011
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    I believe the 12-50 Kit Lens is currently the only native M4/3 lens which is weather resistant.

Can't help on the others as I don't own an OMD.... yet!

3. st3v4nt

st3v4nt Mu-43 Veteran

May 26, 2011
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Currently the weather sealed lens for m4/3 that Olympus have only is just 12-50, but you can also use 12-35 X from Panasonic if you need Hi-Grade Zoom lens. You can also use the MMF-3 adapter with HG and SHG 4/3 lens from Olympus although the AF a bit slower.

The Flash is quite capable for fill-in, it doesn't cast shadow with 12-50 AFAIK but I never use it with my longer zoom as I have dedicated m4/3 compatible flash for that.

Battery quite impressive if you not use the LCD for playback too often and turn off the camera when not in use. Under normal uses where I shoot and use the LCD for playback I got an average about 400 shoot/photo.

Yes you can there's a dedicated button and setting for that so you can use only the EVF when taking photo or shooting video.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.