OM-D, few questions

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by frugalman, Jul 1, 2012.

1. frugalman

frugalman Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 25, 2012
    I know the camera is weather sealed, but how about the lenses?

How is the flash that comes with the camera?
    Does it cast a shadow onto the images if the lens is "long"? I know my GF2 does this.

How is the battery life? On average, how many photos can you take on 1 full charge?

is there a way to turn off the LCD screen while shooting video and/or taking photos?
  2. chrism_scotland

chrism_scotland Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2011
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    I believe the 12-50 Kit Lens is currently the only native M4/3 lens which is weather resistant.

Can't help on the others as I don't own an OMD.... yet!
  3. st3v4nt

st3v4nt Mu-43 Veteran

May 26, 2011
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Currently the weather sealed lens for m4/3 that Olympus have only is just 12-50, but you can also use 12-35 X from Panasonic if you need Hi-Grade Zoom lens. You can also use the MMF-3 adapter with HG and SHG 4/3 lens from Olympus although the AF a bit slower.

The Flash is quite capable for fill-in, it doesn't cast shadow with 12-50 AFAIK but I never use it with my longer zoom as I have dedicated m4/3 compatible flash for that.

Battery quite impressive if you not use the LCD for playback too often and turn off the camera when not in use. Under normal uses where I shoot and use the LCD for playback I got an average about 400 shoot/photo.

Yes you can there's a dedicated button and setting for that so you can use only the EVF when taking photo or shooting video.