OM-D EVF Problem

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by shizlefonizle, Jul 21, 2012.

1. shizlefonizle

shizlefonizle Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 21, 2012
    I was shooting with the OM-D today and when I tried to look through the EVF all I saw was white. Checked to see if I accidentally increased the brightness of the EVF which wasnt the case and also did a factory reset and still nothing :frown:. Are EVF failures common with Olympus cameras or am I just out of luck?
  2. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    I've seen a couple of reports of EVF failure. I wouldn't say it's common by any means, but you're certainly not alone.

3. Sammyboy

Sammyboy m43 Pro

Oct 26, 2010
    Steeler Country
    Make sure you "RESET ALL".
  4. shizlefonizle

shizlefonizle Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 21, 2012
    Yeah I made sure to do the reset all. Looks like its going to the repair center. I did a some searching online and it seems like one persons OM-D did the same thing and started working again so Im hoping for that although its unlikely.
  5. ptolemyx

ptolemyx Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 19, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    It's *very* humid in Vancouver today, and I noticed a bit of condensation on the EVF when I put it back in my bag after a couple of dozen shots... two hours later, I go to use it again, and the EVF displays all white. Everything else works fine.

I guess I'll send it in; looks like I'll be without a camera for awhile. And it's no longer under warranty. :-(