OM-D EVF Problem

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by shizlefonizle, Jul 21, 2012.

1. shizlefonizle

shizlefonizle Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 21, 2012
    I was shooting with the OM-D today and when I tried to look through the EVF all I saw was white. Checked to see if I accidentally increased the brightness of the EVF which wasnt the case and also did a factory reset and still nothing :frown:. Are EVF failures common with Olympus cameras or am I just out of luck?

2. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    I've seen a couple of reports of EVF failure. I wouldn't say it's common by any means, but you're certainly not alone.

DH

3. Sammyboy

Sammyboy m43 Pro

Oct 26, 2010
    Steeler Country
    Make sure you "RESET ALL".

4. shizlefonizle

shizlefonizle Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 21, 2012
    Yeah I made sure to do the reset all. Looks like its going to the repair center. I did a some searching online and it seems like one persons OM-D did the same thing and started working again so Im hoping for that although its unlikely.

5. ptolemyx

ptolemyx Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 19, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    Ben
    It's *very* humid in Vancouver today, and I noticed a bit of condensation on the EVF when I put it back in my bag after a couple of dozen shots... two hours later, I go to use it again, and the EVF displays all white. Everything else works fine.

I guess I'll send it in; looks like I'll be without a camera for awhile. And it's no longer under warranty. :-(