Om-d em5 wrapping case

microfourthirdsnut

Mu-43 Regular
Anyone know when these will arrive in the USA market?
I have the wrapping clothe it works well but really want the wrapping case.

Jan

Wairoakid

Mu-43 Regular
Just got mine today in New Zealand :)
The retailer had to get it from Australia as that is where nearest Olympus distribution centre is. Also got the wrapping cloth and miracles of miracles a BLN-1
Do you want to know anything about it?

Mikefellh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Adorama has it listed on their site, but it's out of stock.

Vistek said it was a new item and will be available Sept 28, but having registered to receive news of its arrival I've heard nothing; they just list t now but with no stock.

Mikefellh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I mentioned the case I'm talking about above, CS-36FC.

There's a bottom half that wraps around the body, and then a top half you attach and it wraps the bottom, the lens, over the top, and attaches to the back.

Anyway the Oly rep was surprised that the dealer who was running the show I was at (Henry's) didn't have it on their website, will talk to them. Anyway if tou want the case tey say you should order it through your store; if your store doesn't list it or any Olympus product you want, you should CALL them and ASK for it.

marcl

Mu-43 Regular
I bought mine on eBay some time ago. It was more expensive at $143 shipped but probably saved a couple of dings on my E-M5. So I'm happy I bought it then. By the way, all the zooms in my sig fit well. The only one that's a bit tight is the 7-14.

Ian.

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Ian
Has anyone tried the PEN Wrapping case on an OM-D with a short lens? I want it to be as compact as possible and I suspect the OM-D wrapping case would be too bulky. From the dimensions and the video an OM-D looks like it will fit in the PEN case. Can anyone help?

Ian.

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Ian
Thanks Marlof. Just what I needed to know! Your pictures tell the story.

The PEN case seems ideal for when you want to take the OMD out but want to carry as little as possible. Jam it in a coat pocket. Be unobtrusive yet still be able to take great pictures.

Can you let me know how the OMD wrapping case works out when you get it? Is it much bulkier in the width? Or not a lot different. Much appreciated. Ian

cstevens

Mu-43 Veteran
Anyone know of the OMD version of this wrapping case will accept the OM-D with the first part of the grip on it?

dornblaser

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
David Dornblaser
I have the PEN wrapping case, and the OMD wapping case on order. I tried my OMD with several smaller primes (12, 17, 25 and 45). The 17 fits with lens hood in shooting position, and the case still closes nicely. The 25 does not fit with the lens hood, but the case closes nicely when the lens hood is not attached (the 25 does not come with a reversable lens hood). If the lens hood is in shooting position on the 45, the case barely closes. Reverse the lens hood, and it fits nicely. The 12 is the same as the 45. Don't take my word for it: images at my smugmug site.

Hi Marlof,

I really like the PEN case, does it have any padding to it?

Thanks

Ian.

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Ian
Thanks Marlof. I'm ordering the OM-D wrapper now. Your pictures did the trick.

(Shame it's not the cool blue as the PEN.)

Ian.

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Ian
Order it from Amazon. It's not listed at Amazon.com. But Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.de have them.
I got mine from .de. It arrived today. Just what I want. Thanks for your help Marlof.

I just need to find a clip to leave it dangling when off the camera. I'll not have time to stick it in a pocket.

cstevens

Mu-43 Veteran
Amazon have them listed however its a 1-2 month waiting list. I ordered one and current delivery estimate is 22nd May.

Ian.

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Ian
1-2 months wow. I guess thats not bad because I have bin waiting for this to hit the states since oct of last year when I started this thread.
Just order from Amazon.co.uk instead. You could get it within a week.
You'll pay a bit more for delivery outside the UK, but it comes in a DVD sized package. So it's not so bad.

cstevens

Mu-43 Veteran
Just been informed that the amazon order is now in stock and being delivered on Tuesday:)

So get it ordered from amazon :)

Ian.

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Ian
Lanyard attachment

I've been looking into how to attach the wrapping case when the camera is in use. On a previous camera I had a similar case which was attached. So in a hurry you rip it off and let go and concentrate on getting that spontaneous shot. You don't have to worry about the case.

You can buy a cheap USB stick lanyard. They are click-detachable. So you can take the case off easily too.
41f-O7uIH8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
41YLvPrnMmL._AA300_.jpg

There are lots of different colours, neck/wrist lengths, prices and types to choose from.
Attach it to your neck or wrist strap so the case dangles below your camera. Have the quick release near the camera strap side so only the small part remains if you put your case away.

Anthon

Mu-43 Regular
Does anybody have the CS-35? What do you think about it?

productimage_9355.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom