1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Om-d em5 wrapping case

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by microfourthirdsnut, Oct 11, 2012.

1. microfourthirdsnut

microfourthirdsnut Mu-43 Regular

Oct 8, 2012
    Anyone know when these will arrive in the USA market?
    I have the wrapping clothe it works well but really want the wrapping case.

Jan

2. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    I'm going to ask Oly reps about the CS-36FBC tomorrow at a camera show in Toronto.

Stay tuned! ;-)

3. Wairoakid

Wairoakid New to Mu-43

Oct 3, 2012
    Just got mine today in New Zealand :)
    The retailer had to get it from Australia as that is where nearest Olympus distribution centre is. Also got the wrapping cloth and miracles of miracles a BLN-1
    Do you want to know anything about it?

4. KBeezie

KBeezie Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 15, 2012
    Grand Rapids, Mi
    Karl Blessing
    Wouldn't the reps usually be the last to actually know?

5. Mikefellh

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Adorama has it listed on their site, but it's out of stock.

Vistek said it was a new item and will be available Sept 28, but having registered to receive news of its arrival I've heard nothing; they just list t now but with no stock.

6. Mikefellh

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    I mentioned the case I'm talking about above, CS-36FC.

There's a bottom half that wraps around the body, and then a top half you attach and it wraps the bottom, the lens, over the top, and attaches to the back.

Anyway the Oly rep was surprised that the dealer who was running the show I was at (Henry's) didn't have it on their website, will talk to them. Anyway if tou want the case tey say you should order it through your store; if your store doesn't list it or any Olympus product you want, you should CALL them and ASK for it.

7. Mikefellh

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
  8. marcl

marcl Mu-43 Regular

Jul 8, 2012
    I bought mine on eBay some time ago. It was more expensive at $143 shipped but probably saved a couple of dings on my E-M5. So I'm happy I bought it then. By the way, all the zooms in my sig fit well. The only one that's a bit tight is the 7-14.

9. Ian.

Ian. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2013
    Munich
    Ian
    Has anyone tried the PEN Wrapping case on an OM-D with a short lens? I want it to be as compact as possible and I suspect the OM-D wrapping case would be too bulky. From the dimensions and the video an OM-D looks like it will fit in the PEN case. Can anyone help?

10. marlof

marlof Mu-43 Regular

Jun 18, 2010
    The Netherlands
    I have the PEN wrapping case, and the OMD wapping case on order. I tried my OMD with several smaller primes (12, 17, 25 and 45). The 17 fits with lens hood in shooting position, and the case still closes nicely. The 25 does not fit with the lens hood, but the case closes nicely when the lens hood is not attached (the 25 does not come with a reversable lens hood). If the lens hood is in shooting position on the 45, the case barely closes. Reverse the lens hood, and it fits nicely. The 12 is the same as the 45. Don't take my word for it: images at my smugmug site.

11. Ian.

Ian. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2013
    Munich
    Ian
    Thanks Marlof. Just what I needed to know! Your pictures tell the story.

The PEN case seems ideal for when you want to take the OMD out but want to carry as little as possible. Jam it in a coat pocket. Be unobtrusive yet still be able to take great pictures.

Can you let me know how the OMD wrapping case works out when you get it? Is it much bulkier in the width? Or not a lot different. Much appreciated. Ian

12. cstevens

cstevens Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 11, 2010
    UK
    Anyone know of the OMD version of this wrapping case will accept the OM-D with the first part of the grip on it?

13. dornblaser

dornblaser Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 13, 2012
    Chicago-area
    David Dornblaser
    Hi Marlof,

I really like the PEN case, does it have any padding to it?

Thanks

14. fluberman

fluberman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 19, 2012
    Indonesia
    Alex
    Yes. But it barely closes with the 75mm on the camera.

15. marlof

marlof Mu-43 Regular

Jun 18, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Not really. It's thick nylon (probably with another fancy name), with a soft lining. The camera in the case is scratch protected, but not severe bump protected. It's the way I like it, since too much padding makes a case go large.

16. marlof

marlof Mu-43 Regular

Jun 18, 2010
    The Netherlands
    It arrived today. The EM5 slides in easier, the case wraps a bit around the fake prism. The 25 with hood in shooting position now fits. The case is a little bit bulkier and wider, but not much. If you have no experience with the PEN case, you probably would not think it could be any smaller. Remember the material is flexible: it folds around the camera, even when it folds out a bit when not there's no pressure. For the EM5, I'd prefer the new case, simply because it's less tight, more lenses fit, and the bulk is about the same. I've added some quick snaps to my smugmug site with my smallest lens (the 20 1.7) that might show what I mean. We're all visually inclined after all...

17. Ian.

Ian. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2013
    Munich
    Ian
    Thanks Marlof. I'm ordering the OM-D wrapper now. Your pictures did the trick.

(Shame it's not the cool blue as the PEN.)

18. marlof

marlof Mu-43 Regular

Jun 18, 2010
    The Netherlands
    My largest lens is the 14-140, so I can't help you out with that.

19. marlof

marlof Mu-43 Regular

Jun 18, 2010
    The Netherlands
    I've ordered through cameranu.nl, a Dutch website.

20. Ian.

Ian. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2013
    Munich
    Ian
    Order it from Amazon. It's not listed at Amazon.com. But Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.de have them.
    I got mine from .de. It arrived today. Just what I want. Thanks for your help Marlof.

I just need to find a clip to leave it dangling when off the camera. I'll not have time to stick it in a pocket.