1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

OM-D EM5 caught in the wild.

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Ian., Jun 18, 2013.

1. Ian.

Ian. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2013
    Munich
    Ian
    Not seen many out in the wild. So if you spot one, shoot it and hang it here.
    +HLD-6 and 12-50
    [​IMG][/url] P6160069_v1 by ianp5a, on Flickr[/IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Halaking

Halaking Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 17, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Morris
    Can I ask my wife to shoot me?

3. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    If I buy one more lens this year my wife will shoot me without waiting to be asked....

:biggrin:

Regards,

Jim

• Like Like x 1
  4. danimal

danimal Mu-43 Supporter

Dec 31, 2012
    Oakland, California
    Dan
    I was at Apple's WWDC last week. There were quite a few m4/3 cameras there, but I didn't see any E-M5s other than my own.

5. Ian.

Ian. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2013
    Munich
    Ian
    Nope! You are in captivity! Wild ones only please.

Yes. They appear to be quite rare still. Get hunting!

• Like Like x 1
  6. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Monkey with a camera.

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    They are indeed a rare breed...so far this year, I've only seen TWO!

One was in Hong Kong in January (before I had mine), asked the guy if I could see it (silver OM-D with the 12-50) for a minute and he was nice enough to let me have a quick play with it...and I saw one in Busan, South Korea a couple of weeks ago...black with the 25 1.4. :)

7. Ian.

Ian. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2013
    Munich
    Ian
    Have you photographic proof you've seen one? You'll be telling us next it was "this big!"

8. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris
    Im curious, olympus has little to none presence here in NZ, in fact they closed their offices at the beginning of last year making Australia's office to handle kiwi-customers, there's no promos like the ones I see in USA and UK whatsoever, yet I still see a lot of m43 cameras in the wild. And quite a few omd's. Obviously not as much as canikons but I'm getting used to see omds and ghs in the wild here. Also, almost every photo store in auckland carries m43 brands and lenses. And that's not even saying that people here pays at least 30% more for m43 compared to the USA and UK .

9. mister_roboto

mister_roboto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Dennis
    I've only ever seen one µ4/3 camera out and about (other than my own or my girlfriends... which I got her), a G1 a couple of years ago with the kit zoom.

I always keep an eye out for µ4/3 cameras, and well... anything not a Canon Ti-anything or Nikon D-something. I did see a few Pentax over the sunny weekend- and a nice Pentax K-X. I see more film cameras than µ4/3 here.

10. Halaking

Halaking Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 17, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Morris
    I live in LA, there are some OMD forum members here, it's time go catch them. LOL! :hiding:

11. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Seen a few in the UK so will now have to start tracking through the quagmire to capture them, in the urban environment they do tend to be pretty wiley and elusive but I will look and shoot.

12. romzL

romzL Mu-43 Regular

May 20, 2012
    romz
    Im in the Philippines and I remember when we climbed one of the highest mountain here about 2 months ago, there was a guy from Hungary who was also touting an OM-D EM5 with him. I wasn't able to get a shot of him with the camera but we did had a chat about how good the OM-D is :)

13. monk3y

monk3y Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 14, 2013
    in The Cloud...
    Steven
    I'm in Japan and even I mostly don't see much m43 cameras in the wild.

The only time i've seen one was when a mother(riding on her bicycle) stopped near me to take a photo of the cherry blossoms and was very surprised she was using an om-d with kit lens just exactly like what I was holding :D

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Mu-43 mobile app

14. burdickjp

burdickjp Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2013
    I've had a single person recognize my camera. To be fair, I never have native glass on it.

I've not seen anyone else with one.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

15. tje53

tje53 Mu-43 Rookie

May 18, 2013
    danimal: What'd you think of the WWDC? See anything exciting coming up?

16. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    Let's see, I have no idea of the actual numbers but if they've sold 150,000 of them (10k/month) your chances of seeing one would be one for every 1000 square kms (that's a square 20 miles on each side for those still using Imperial units).

17. danimal

danimal Mu-43 Supporter

Dec 31, 2012
    Oakland, California
    Dan
    Lots of exciting things… but nothing I can talk about right now ;)

*for those that don’t know all pre-release Apple software is under NDA.

18. CarlB

CarlB Mu-43 Veteran

The young woman snapped is beautiful, obviously intelligent and with good taste. My heart flutters like a 10 fps shutter!

19. RKTodd

RKTodd Mu-43 Regular

Dec 6, 2012
    Indiana
    My wife and I were in Glacier National Park this past August. The E-M5 was the most sighted camera next to Nikon and Canon. Sorry no photos.

20. Nam-in-Sonoma

Nam-in-Sonoma Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 23, 2012
    Penngrove, CA
    Nam
    Past weekend in Yosemite National Park, I've seen a few OM-D and Pens

20130615_8232.JPG